Recomendations on smaller gauge.....

7 hours ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

Oh boy this place is a bad influence......lol

Depends on your point of view. For you, it is a good influence. For your wallet... not so good.

5 hours ago, Jeremy Festa said:

Rafael Gonzales PC and Sancho Panza Non Plus or I am never talking to you again. 

Don't forget the RG Perla. Fantatic little 30min smoke that Chris (Chanceschmerr) put me on during the Havana trip in Nov.

• Like 1

On January 6, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Hutch said:

I think of "smaller" RG as <42. And in those sizes I've been very much enjoying Hoyo Palmas Extra, PLPs, RGPEs, and of course Fundadores & Monte Esp2s.

Agreed! With all of the Trini Fundies, LGC MdO and PLMC I smoke, 42 is a medium gauge in my book! And robustos are positively fatties anymore - got an HU Mag 56 lately and it looks massive next to the rest of my collection.

CC for me shine in the sub 50 RG

• Like 2

Yes, quite remarkable how radical the perspective has shifted. If you e.g. look at the Ramon Allones story by Simon Chase, which @JohnS recently posted, the Coronas Gordas format, and even a smaller 44-RG vitola, went under cigars "of extra bold girth", end of the 1950s.... 

• Like 2

1. Bolivar Petit Corona
  2. Juan Lopez Petit Corona
  3. H. Upmann Petit Corona
  4. Hoyo De Monterrey le Hoyo Du Prince
  5. Montecristo number 4
  6. Por larranaga Petit Corona
  7. Romeoy Julieta Petit Corona
  8. Trinidad Coloniales .

Well said John. This is PC heaven and a great way to distinguish each marca IMO. The flavors are so pronounced, you can really get a feel for the nuisances of each. Happy hunting, this is the fun part!!!

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

As you can see, there are lots of members here who like the smaller ring gauge cigars, me included.  They have become my favorite over the years.  You will do yourself a huge disservice by overlooking them and not giving them a fair amount of space in your humidor.

• Like 1

The H. Upmann PC, RyJ Mille Fleur, H. Upmann Half Corona, Punch Coronation, & RyJ Tubos #2 are some I really enjoy that haven't been listed yet. My favorites would have to be the Partagas Mille Fleur, Sancho Panza Non Plus, & Monte 4, 5 & media corona. 

Lanceros are always hard to beat also but now you're talking 38-40 RG. 

Happy hunting! Lol

• Like 1

On 1/2/2017 at 10:33 PM, BellevilleMXZ said:

Keeping in mind I prefer Monti#2 and RyJ Wide Churchhills as my top 2 , what can U folks recommend in low to mid 40 that I may like. 

Considering your love of the Monte #2, and staying within the range of 40-44 RG, I think you owe it to yourself to try the Monte #1.  Also consider the RyJ Cedros de Luxe #1, Fonseca #1 and the Partagas 8-9-8.  

• Like 1