official FOH policy for all posts forever.

On 03/01/2017 at 2:16 PM, JohnS said:

He's only 20 years old and take a look at how he's playing! He's playing each ball on its merits and nothing more could be asked of him. I heard the (Australian) Channel Nine cricket commentators mention the 'Marsh' story and thought it was absolutely ridiculous...the kid deserves his place on the upcoming 2017 Indian tour.

i see in the SMH that lehmann refuses to confirm renshaw will go to india, insisting marsh very much in line. they consider him suited to the conditions (lord spare us). and yet, marsh and renshaw have played exactly the same number of tests in india.

if they do this, drop a brilliant young batsman after he scores 180, then they are dead to me. the selectors and coach should rot in a fetid cesspool before being chained to pockmarked walls and earning a place as the first casualties of the revolution. it would be unforgivable.

You neglected to mention if Matthew Wade will be going to India. We all saw that his wicket-keeping skills aren't what they should be in this series. And so, Hilton Cartwright and/or Shaun Marsh is a dead certainty in front of Matthew Renshaw? Surely (not! - as you'd say) :huh:

8 minutes ago, JohnS said:

You neglected to mention if Matthew Wade will be going to India. We all saw that his wicket-keeping skills aren't what they should be in this series. And so, Hilton Cartwright and/or Shaun Marsh is a dead certainty in front of Matthew Renshaw? Surely (not! - as you'd say) :huh:

i see hilton C has already been dumped for the one dayers. that was a brief career. lynn and billy stanlake have been included.

know little of stanlake, even though a Qlder - do we have to do everything? be nice if the other states contributed something now and then.

apparently a 20 year old quick. taller than bruce reid. only played 2 or 3 games. i assume that if he is successful, a la renshaw, he'll be immediately dumped from the squad and marked never to tour.

as for wade, so stupid. why is he there?

... what the hell is wicket-keeping??? -LOL

I see images of a 1 kilogram bald rodent with a protruding dorsal spine and a flattened pig snout nose in a cage in the corner of the garage! Did I say garage, I mean garr-edge... -LOL

Carry on mates! -R

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PigFish said:

... what the hell is wicket-keeping??? -LOL

I see images of a 1 kilogram bald rodent with a protruding dorsal spine and a flattened pig snout nose in a cage in the corner of the garage! Did I say garage, I mean garr-edge... -LOL

Carry on mates! -R

ray, i was a wicketkeeper so careful!!

think catcher in baseball only, like cricket in general, much more complex and interesting.

4 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

think catcher in baseball only, like cricket in general, much more complex and interesting.

Cricket - complex, yes. More interesting? Tough call but certainly likely for those that can follow it and actually have national leagues in their countries!

5 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

... I should have known you were a wicketkeeper... ! -LOL

Watching baseball is like watching dunes move! You set the bar pretty low... To me, a truly entertaining live event is watching people try to put their boats on a trailer after a day on the lake. You want to talk about a sight to see, some bloke with a big second mortgage and $100K worth of boat he cannot pilot with a wife that cannot back a trailer! Reality TV does not get any better, especially the people start shouting at each other and the wife just walks away from the truck and trailer....

Oh, yes, back to wicketkeeping... you were saying....! Have any home movies?

-R

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habana Mike said:

Cricket - complex, yes. More interesting? Tough call but certainly likely for those that can follow it and actually have national leagues in their countries!

not being disparaging at all but if you grow up with it, like any sport, second nature.

• Like 1