Your Personal Top 10 for 2016

How old are the ones that you usually smoke?

Unfortunately, not old enough. I had a couple aged from a trade about 10 years ago, which were good, but never pursued them, I was hooked to Punch at that time. Then last year I was in LCDH in Grand Cayman and picked up a couple of singles with 4 years age, and they were terrific - I mean really, really terrific.

So earlier this year I bought a box with 2015 box code. I tried one a couple of months ago and was not overwhelmed by it, almost disappointed really, definitely needs more time, but it seems to have great potential in it. I guess you could say it was a mongrel.

I put it at the top of my list given the topic at hand, not because it's the best cigar I have, but the one I expect the most from in my meager list of 2016 purchases. I'm not overwhelmed by any of the cigars I have purchased in 2016 really, but given time, I know I'll be raving about a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Top 10 Cigars for 2016...   1) H.Upmann Magnum 56 LE 2015 LUB Jun 2015 (Thanks Jimmy) I didn't want to like this, believe me! The reason? That 56/64s of an inch ring gauge. I used my

Having been summoned by @JohnS, I am at your service.   This year's ongoing top 10 list results are being tabulated here:  https://goo.gl/R6y7Eg We have 21 respondents so far, a little under half

1. Cohiba Reserva Piramide - 2003 2. Davidoff No.1 - 1992 3. Montecristo #2 - 1998 4. Montecristo #1 - 2002 5. Hoyo Doble Corona - 1998 6.  Hoyo Epicure #1 - 2006 7. Part

15 hours ago, planetary said:

Phil - Many apologies for the data entry error, and thanks for the note.  Corrected! 

No need for apology, it is a beneficial service to the community that you are doing. I personally thank you sir! 

21 hours ago, planetary said:

Phil - Many apologies for the data entry error, and thanks for the note.  Corrected! 

BTW, I really wish CCW was here.  There's apparently a Montecristo cigar called "Especiale", and some sites also list "Especiale No.1" and "Especiale No. 2".  These are 3 different cigars, yes?

They could be referring to the Montecristo #1 which I have never had in addition to the Monte Especial and Monte Especial No. 2

They could be referring to the Montecristo #1 which I have never had in addition to the Monte Especial and Monte Especial No. 2

So, there are indeed 3 different cigars in question mentioned here; the #1 is a 6.4" x 42 Lonsdale, the Especial is a 7.5" x 38 Palma Larga, and the Especiales #2 is a 5.9" x 38 Palma.

There was a Monte Especial #1 mentioned, but I have never seen one from Cuba, only non Cuban as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

here is my top 10 for my 2016 

1)Partagas Serie D No.4 ( 3 boxes in roll)

2) Juan Lopez Seleccion No.2 (My Daily smoke)

3) HOYO De Monterry Epicure De Luxe LCDH ( Great cigar after 6-7 months storing)

4) H.Upmann MG 46 

5) HOYO De Monterry DC (Classic DC )

6)Partagas P2 

7)Trinidad Reyes 

8)Remeo Y Julieta Wide Churchill 

9)Por Larranaga Robust de Larranage 

10) La Flor De Cano Selectos ( less love :(,bought in Christmas )

I've been meaning to add my list to the post for some time and now that someone brought his to the front page again it served as a reminder.  Here we go:

1) HDM Des Dieux (2003)

2) Cohiba Coronas Especiales (2014)

3) Cohiba Piramides Extra (2014)

4) Ramon Allones Gigantes (2014)

5) Bolivar Coronas Gigantes (2014)

6) Monte 2 (2014)

7) H. Upmann Mag 56

8) RyJ Wide Churchill (2015)

9) Partagas Serie E  No. 2 (2015)

10) Saint Luis Rey Pacificos (2009)

• Like 1