Your Personal Top 10 for 2016

Votes added.

As of now:
- Mag56 is the weighted points leader, just barely.
- PSD4 is the overall votes leader, with 14.
- CoRo has the best average vote rank (2.93), among cigars with 5+ votes.
- ConnieA and Monty2 are also making a strong showing across the board, rounding out the current top 5.

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Top 10 Cigars for 2016...   1) H.Upmann Magnum 56 LE 2015 LUB Jun 2015 (Thanks Jimmy) I didn't want to like this, believe me! The reason? That 56/64s of an inch ring gauge. I used my

Having been summoned by @JohnS, I am at your service.   This year's ongoing top 10 list results are being tabulated here:  https://goo.gl/R6y7Eg We have 21 respondents so far, a little under half

1. Cohiba Reserva Piramide - 2003 2. Davidoff No.1 - 1992 3. Montecristo #2 - 1998 4. Montecristo #1 - 2002 5. Hoyo Doble Corona - 1998 6.  Hoyo Epicure #1 - 2006 7. Part

Cohiba lancero
Trinidad fundadores
Monte especiales
Alex Gonzalez lancero
Alex Gonzalez corona
Mdo 4
Pl Monte Carlo
Cohiba esplendido
Upmann sir winston
Torreon
Ra 35
Edit: forgot qdo corona
Worst
Mag 56

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2014 Coro 

2014 Boli PCs

2015 BBF's

2013 Punch Punch

2014 Partagas PP2's 

2014 or were they 2015 H. Upmann Sir Winston. 

2014 Boli Royal Coronas 

2014 Montecristo No.2

2013 San Cristobal La Fuerza 

2014 Partagas Presidente 

I can’t really respond to the brief as requested, as have not sampled that much of the recent stuff. But of those examples that have been begged, borrowed and/ or stolen, the following have stood out for me this year:

1.    RyJ Churchill MUO 2013
2.    Boli CG PUR 2015
3.    HdM Epi De Luxe (I forget) 2014
4.    Punch Punch RAE 2014

(and to pad out to 10, some old friends which have been stellar this year)

5.    HdM Epi 1 2011
6.    PL Robustos APAC 2007
7.    CoRo 2008
8.    Monte 2 2011
9.    Boli CE 2000
10.  RA Grandes 2008

Actual Production - in alphabetic order

• Cohiba Siglo 6 (2013)
  • H.U. Mag 46 (2012)
  • H.U. Mag 50 (2013)
  • H.U. Sir Winston (2014)
  • Montecristo Especial (2013)
  • HDM de Dieux (2013)
  • HDM Epi 2 (2013)
  • RA Superiores (2013)
  • RyJ Exhibicion No 4 (2012)
  • Trinidad Reyes (2013)

Non Actual Production

• SLR Churchill (2002)
  • Sancho Panza Molinos (2006)
  • H.U. Monarcas (2003)
  • LGC No. 1 (2001)
  • LGC No. 3 (2002)
  • H.U. Mag 48

3 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

While I think that the Magnum 56 was a great cigar, I am shocked to see it more popular than the CoRo, Monte #2, Connie A and RASS. 

Meee tooo. Exactly my thoughts also. I guess it's a matter of exceeding expectations. Still, doesn't make it an exceptional cigar.

5 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

While I think that the Magnum 56 was a great cigar, I am shocked to see it more popular than the CoRo, Monte #2, Connie A and RASS. 

It was the bandwagon cigar of 2016. Quite good but over rated imho. 

• Like 1

What I have smoked decent quantity of this past year and in no particular order

2013 RASS

2013 Monte 2

2013 Cohiba Siglo VI

2013 Cohiba Esplendido

2008 Punch Super Selection No. 1

2009 Partagas Serie D No. 4

2003 Cohiba Robusto

2011  Partagas Serie E No.2

2010 Ramon Allones Gigantes

Monsdale

Thank you Planetary!

This is not an easy task to track all these mixed responses, and I hate being critical especially when someone is doing this out of kindness, but it's inaccurate. For example, I voted Montecristo Especiales #2 as my #1, but my vote shows up under Montecristo Especial. There is a difference, the #2 is 5.9 inches, the Especial is 7.5 inches. I don't know if they taste similar, I have not tried the Especial, but I suspect some votes may be misplaced.   

7 hours ago, Philc2001 said:

Thank you Planetary!

This is not an easy task to track all these mixed responses, and I hate being critical especially when someone is doing this out of kindness, but it's inaccurate. For example, I voted Montecristo Especiales #2 as my #1, but my vote shows up under Montecristo Especial. There is a difference, the #2 is 5.9 inches, the Especial is 7.5 inches. I don't know if they taste similar, I have not tried the Especial, but I suspect some votes may be misplaced.   

Phil - Many apologies for the data entry error, and thanks for the note.  Corrected! 

BTW, I really wish CCW was here.  There's apparently a Montecristo cigar called "Especiale", and some sites also list "Especiale No.1" and "Especiale No. 2".  These are 3 different cigars, yes?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, planetary said:

BTW, I really wish CCW was here.  There's apparently a Montecristo cigar called "Especiale", and some sites also list "Especiale No.1" and "Especiale No. 2".  These are 3 different cigars, yes?

I don't think so. I believe Especiale and Especiale No. 1 were used interchangeably and both referred to the same cigar which was a Long Panetela. The Especiale No. 2 is a different cigar which is a Panetela. 

28 minutes ago, MrGlass said:

I don't think so. I believe Especiale and Especiale No. 1 were used interchangeably and both referred to the same cigar which was a Long Panetela. The Especiale No. 2 is a different cigar which is a Panetela. 

This exactly--If you're talking Montecristo only I am quite sure Especiale and Especiale 1 are used interchangeably for a Laguito 1 or a Long Panatela per CCW.  Especiale 2 is a Laguito 2 and is a Panatela.  I think we throw the term Lanceros around when talking about Laguito 1 cigars because of the Cohiba Lanceros being a Laguito 1.  To make it even more confusing the Funadores is (according to CCW) a Laguito Especial which is a slightly larger ring gauge it would seem or a Palma Larga in some places or seemingly classified as a Lonsdale on CCW.  Whew.  Confusing.  

13 hours ago, Philc2001 said:

Thank you Planetary!

I have my first box of Especiales #2 on their way but it's a fresh box. Missed out yesterday on the aged boxes and would kill to get my hands on a reasonable priced one. How old are the ones that you usually smoke?

Love this thread, just wondering if anyone's top 10 included any non Cubans. I personally love the 26 Padron. It would definitely be in my top 10. Curious about your thoughts.

Yep. I chucked in a Davidoff Escurio Gran Toro...

Meee tooo. Exactly my thoughts also. I guess it's a matter of exceeding expectations. Still, doesn't make it an exceptional cigar.

Quite right. Just because something gets more votes....

I'll shut up.

12 hours ago, planetary said:

No, two cigars, and regularly mixed up, mistaken and misspelled. Has never been correctly stated on CCW either. The correct names for the vitola de salida are:

Montecristo Especial (vitola de galera: Laguito No. 1)

Montecristo Especiales No. 2 (vdg: Laguito No.2)

[ N.B. And never, please never "Especiale", that would be Italian. In Spanish it's Especial or -es. Quite like the dreaded Petite Coronas.... ]

• Like 3