Bolivar Royal Corona: ULA MAY 2014: Bolivar Review Comp

I treasure the 2 boxes of this code that I have that I received from our host. These BRC's are not a regular smoke as I'm trying to put some age on them. They are stunning looking in the box. The construction of each one is near flawless with just a slight soft box press. Wrapper color is dark, perhaps maduro with a few even a shade darker. I don't remember how long it took to smoke as I don't watch the time when enjoying a cigar like this. I paired the cigar with a Brisk iced tea on the rocks lol. First 1/3 offers medium to medium full intensity and a deep rich tobacco flavor with some pepper on the retrohale. The cigar continues into the second 3rd with a complex richness and depth with each draw with hints of cedar and leather as well as a slight sweetness. The final 3rd was more of the same flavors and never got hot as I took my time with the final finger burning end. Overall, for me this was a 95/100 cigar.

bolivar 1.png

bolivar 2.png

bolivar 3.png

• Like 3

• 7 years later...

The ULA '14 BRC are near legendary! I just laid down the latest example of mine and it's been utterly sublime! Impeccably constructed, one light and razor sharp combustion all the way to the finger burning end. Milk chocolate, sweet spices and woods with that distinctive Bolivar floral quality present throughout in the aroma. Easy smoking, smooth as silk and leaves you feeling as mellow as a good cigar should. It's just a shame that I wasn't smoking it in celebration of an Arsenal league title! 🤪 Ah well, can't have it all, eh!