Habanos 2017 Release

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... why just call one cigar a Dumas (dumb-ass)! Looks like they all qualify!!! -LOL More cigars I won't be buying! -the Pig

"Gran Reserva" probably just means all the ones they've not released recently. Add another label and another zero to the price. I'm not cynical, me. ?

Haha. If its any condolence, you'll still get to pay for 25!

16 minutes ago, AlohaStyle said:

Because from all info/pics from people, it's a LCDH release, not an EL... unless there's both, at 48 RG.

The LCDH punch 48 is a 2016 release that is now just seeing the light of day. The 2017 punch EL should be formally announced at the habanos festival at the end of the month and will be available to retailers.......sometime? 

exactly on the GR sir winnie.....since they havent been releasing them maybe they are just putting them back to slap another band on them. all will be 2015 or 2016 box codes. Ha! still waiting on the RJ wide churchill grand reserva arent we? What about the Monte Dantes EL.....que paso?

exactly on the GR sir winnie.....since they havent been releasing them maybe they are just putting them back to slap another band on them. all will be 2015 or 2016 box codes. Ha! still waiting on the RJ wide churchill grand reserva arent we? What about the Monte Dantes EL.....que paso?

The dantes will be out shortly - already on pre-order at certain LCDH.

On 2/7/2017 at 3:47 AM, David88 said:

The LCDH punch 48 is a 2016 release that is now just seeing the light of day. The 2017 punch EL should be formally announced at the habanos festival at the end of the month and will be available to retailers.......sometime? 

Hopefully we'll see some in March.  Fingers crossed.  

I recently received an email notification for the Hoyo de Monterrey Elegantes Exclusivo LCDH.  This wasn't originally on my radar, but the reviews are good and so is the price.

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh, I am curious about the hdm petit belicoso, but not to only get 15 sticks and pay a fortune for the humi-case.  

I think 2001,3 or 5 there was a RyJ petit belicoso that was no 2 cigar I ever had behind the SLR DC.  I've got one squirreled away in a case in my humi that holds my singles of finer one off smokes I own.

maybe I can get a hold of just 2 of these and replace the RyJ I'm thinking I'll smoke now?

Jeez.. So are the Montes just new Opens with a face/band lift (a bad one at that)?

I'm interested in the QdOs, not sure if I'll like them in a bigger rg. As noted, there appears to be more big ones, which is something I'd could be without. Still will probably try to get a hold of some GRs like the chaser I am.

Thanks to all who contributed with info!

Edit: Also, what the hell is that on the QdOs band over the 'O'?!?

20 minutes ago, Notsocleaver said:

Glad I stocked up on QdO Coronas before the band change. The punched out O looks silly. Plus fancy packaging makes me think another price hike is coming.

Agreed, but 1. I don't smoke the bands 2. They are still producing the corona. So as long as the coronas are here, I can deal with an ugly band. 

17 minutes ago, fabes said:

Agreed, but 1. I don't smoke the bands 2. They are still producing the corona. So as long as the coronas are here, I can deal with an ugly band. 

I don't either, so I get a little worried when they put more expensive looking bands on one of my favorite cigar values. I doubt they are gonna give me all of that tasty gold foil for free. I think Habanos SA is looking to reposition the line.

1 minute ago, Notsocleaver said:

I don't either, so I get a little worried when they put more expensive looking bands on one of my favorite cigar values. I know they gonna give me all of that tasty gold foil for free. I think Habanos SA is looking to reposition the line.

I agree on the repositioning. And on one hand, if the new band helps that, then cool. Hopefully it will help the coronas claros stay in the long run.