What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate Adam shared this in Singapore with me. Bloody excellent and something I haven't had before.

Only 2 years aged in the Texas sun?  You have to try it to believe it. 

Way too young but still hit the spot 

A well aged Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature from the stockpile. These just seem to get better and better developing a suave mellowness while retaining all the flavour intensity (Sean Connery?).

b181b539b3e8a31e7f903cb4ffe97daa.jpg

Paired with the last of the Redbreast 12 Year Old.

Solid stuff but not mind blowing. I think I prefer the 12.

00b2405a1ba8816e19dea934f45359a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been told by a Brand Ambassador that they are aged in casks from Cuba, and that they call it "Caribbean" to get around the embargo. One of my favorite distilleries, but not my favorite expression.

A dollop of Smooth Ambler Old Scout 7 Year Old Rye Whiskey.6e8869b37d6121dd2b84eea2f022cf7e.jpg

Sweet nose on this one with freshly varnished wood, a very bourbony rye. Starts smooth and finishes long. Quite a bit of alcoholic heat and some nasal burn.

Good looking smoke. Any good?

My partner's son, who works for us, just got engaged.

Glen Grant is one of his favorite distilleries, so I went to my favorite whisky store in Manhattan (Park Avenue Liquors) and picked up a nice bottle. I'm keeping this at the office- I told him we will drink from it whenever he wants until he is married (looks like September) and I'll buy replacements as necessary.

Nice dram, familiar Glen Grant flavor profile, not as Sherried as some others I've had, which you can tell from the lighter color (aged 17 years one would think it would be darker). Slightly astringent, hints of vanilla, not too strong (43%), a drop of water didn't really make that much difference in the flavors.

71ddb1444900651.jpg

• Like 1

Some Benriach Solstice 2nd Edition - a heavily peated 17 Year Old Speysider that was finished in port casks.

0afc9485f650d9613750ea7c9991a468.jpg

A rather meaty, peaty malt that has balanced sweetness and a touch of salt. Despite being described as being heavily peated, it is quite tame. I can imagine those accustomed to the peaty Islay style will find this lacking in intensity, even bland and a little mild.

Finishes a little short but with a peaty, mineral lull that is quite pleasant. An easy drinking malt that can probably be paired with a hearty chargrilled steak.

• Like 1

Hand-selected ER10 single barrel. Freakin' fantastic stuff. Down to my last two bottles. :(

http://images.tapatalk-

cdn.com/15/10/13/28f5c62bb4bb1c2dfcd5873e6a50c55d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much different it the private barrel vs. the standard 10 year?