What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate Adam shared this in Singapore with me. Bloody excellent and something I haven't had before.

Only 2 years aged in the Texas sun?  You have to try it to believe it. 

Way too young but still hit the spot 

Nice - Grande Champagne version.

That is very perceptive of you, Sengjc! My brother-in-law picked this up in the late 90s. I know it was a 50th Anniversary special release, it's smoother than the normal Hennessy X.O. He's not a cognac drinker, but he knows I enjoy it so he brought it out for me to enjoy with our cigars.

That is very perceptive of you, Sengjc! My brother-in-law picked this up in the late 90s. I know it was a 50th Anniversary special release, it's smoother than the normal Hennessy X.O. He's not a cognac drinker, but he knows I enjoy it so he brought it out for me to enjoy with our cigars.

It is increasingly hard to find these day - if you are lucky you might still get it at some of the Asian dutyfree: Singapore, Hong Kong or Malaysia would be the best places.

Some Auchentoshan 17 Year Old that was distilled in 1995, matured in a refill sherry hogshead and bottled unchillfiltered at cask strength by independent bottlers: the Whiskybroker.

fd2ac60203a22bb5315c9d4adab9e16a.jpg

Very nice together, both drink and smoke possess subtlety in flavour profile that are complementary.

• Like 2

Cairdeas 14 edition. Probably going to follow up with some Longrow Red 11 and if I want another drink, and I'll probably will, some 2nd Edition All Islay from Kilchoman

A drop of Drambuie today with my whisky stones. The bottle is the old-style version, so I've had it awhile, and I felt that it was time to sample this wonderful honey-flavoured original whisky!

post-23478-0-06264700-1427531587_thumb.j

Watched the the last hour of the Aussie innings in World Cup cricket final (boring) with:

- Bruichladdich Laddie 10

- Ardbeg Uigedail

Only just getting into whiskys after a long love affair with rums. Tonight after a BBQ I opened a bottle each of laddie 10, glenfarclas 12 and 15. Liked them all enough but fighting the urge to sample some more zacapa x.o. when we make it home, thinking with a royal robusto at this stage.

• Like 1

I'm getting ready for winter.

Tonight, so far I've had a Laphroaig quarter cask, and a Lagavulin 16.

The Laphroaig is a bloody good dram.