What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate Adam shared this in Singapore with me. Bloody excellent and something I haven't had before.

Only 2 years aged in the Texas sun?  You have to try it to believe it. 

Way too young but still hit the spot 

Lost Prophet bourbon, another Diageo OBC **** release, Glendronach Cask Strength, and a rum that a friend brought from Puerto Rico.

post-9940-0-95977100-1421408149_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-76407000-1421408163_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-76101000-1421408188_thumb.jp

1964 Armagnac - courtesy of a dear friend - Thank you, Sir!

What house was it? I have a bottle of 1964 Casterede that I think is fantastic. Just wondering what you had.

The Lost Prophet is not good?

I'll say this about OBLP, I thought is was the best of the now four releases, however if it was $30 us on a shelf (which it is not) I would pick many other bottles first. It is less wood forward then the previous releases but still an explosion of tannic wood on the finish and not much sweetness throughout. I have yet to like any of these OBC releases. LP is palatable at best if poured for you but I'd save my coin, that's JMHO. For whatever reason I keep trying these bottles when they are released.

I was wondering the same thing. Rave reviews. I can't find any to check myself. Maybe better that way, as it is already double original price

I think you would be disappointed at msrp let alone double it. It got a good write up and now it's flying off the shelf.