What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate Adam shared this in Singapore with me. Bloody excellent and something I haven't had before.

Only 2 years aged in the Texas sun?  You have to try it to believe it. 

Way too young but still hit the spot 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Never really been a lighter red wine fan, had this '17 Foillard Morgon Cote Du Py on Saturday, lit up a Hemingway Masterpiece half way through the bottle. Amazing wine; Going to go deep down the Beaujolais rabbit hole now.

5964c22cc3f902c257d138cb2a11c271.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/21/2024 at 2:41 AM, potpest said:

Never really been a lighter red wine fan, had this '17 Foillard Morgon Cote Du Py on Saturday, lit up a Hemingway Masterpiece half way through the bottle. Amazing wine; Going to go deep down the Beaujolais rabbit hole now.

That's a good producer and appellation. Good Morgon goes about 10 years old before it declines.

Clos de la Roilette wines are worth picking up. Incredible buy considering the pedigree. One of France's still value wines.

That's a good producer and appellation. Good Morgon goes about 10 years old before it declines.
Clos de la Roilette wines are worth picking up. Incredible buy considering the pedigree. One of France's still value wines.
Cheers, seems like I can get the Fluerie easy enough, will give that a try next. Would you say Beaujolais is better young or with a few years down, just usually 10 max?
Just ordered a couple of Brouilly to try that got good scores:
2018 Brouilly La Croix des Rameaux, Jean-Claude Lapalu
2019 La Chapelle, Chateau Thivin Cote de Brouilly Cuvee

2 hours ago, potpest said:

Cheers, seems like I can get the Fluerie easy enough, will give that a try next. Would you say Beaujolais is better young or with a few years down, just usually 10 max?
Just ordered a couple of Brouilly to try that got good scores:
2018 Brouilly La Croix des Rameaux, Jean-Claude Lapalu
2019 La Chapelle, Chateau Thivin Cote de Brouilly Cuvee

A general good sweet spot is 5-10 years old. 10 is plateau with a decline. Château Thivin is a good producer. Domaine Lapierre is another great name to look for.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started with Don Fulano Fuerte (a rare 100 proof tequila) and then disappointingly switched to La Gritona reposado, which was a let down.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Went over my cousin's house for a long Sunday lunch. We had a hat trick of stunning wines. Hadn't had a Burgundy this good in a while! Real treat. I decanted the '70 Grahams the night before so it would be hitting on all cylinders the at lunch. The Cab was picture perfect and in a great place. First time with this Burgundy for me.  He has a couple of them left.

always a wonderful port. never seen the Cab but Remoissnet always had a rep as decent. no idea where in clos V they are situated but it does make a difference. glad the 88 showed well. always liked that vintage though it got dumped on by a lot of people. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...