What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

How was it? I have a bottle yet to crack..

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I do like it, but I think I prefer the standard one. I’m undecided on the addition of the cognac cask finishing. It comes off a little sour...I had it with a smoke and am not sure it was the right accompaniment....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate Adam shared this in Singapore with me. Bloody excellent and something I haven't had before.

Only 2 years aged in the Texas sun?  You have to try it to believe it. 

Way too young but still hit the spot 

10 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Had some good ones on Saturday.  1966 Smith Woodhouse is quite rare (I thought WOTN) and I think the first time I have had it.  All the others albeit great I have several times a year.

1966 Smith Woodhouse.jpg

never seen a 66 SW. i think i am down to my last bottle of both fonsecas. they are always fabulous. 

dom R always terrific but not seen the 07. getting old. i can't read the label of the other champers??

13 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

never seen a 66 SW. i think i am down to my last bottle of both fonsecas. they are always fabulous. 

dom R always terrific but not seen the 07. getting old. i can't read the label of the other champers??

The Ruinart was very far from being old.  I've had better bottles of the Fonseca 1970, but was still a treat.  The other Champagne was Andre Jacquart "Experience" Blanc de Blancs Brut Champagne.  A really terrific non-vintage Champagne that I would put against any under $100 USD NV Champagne.  I used to get well below wholesale pricing on this bottle from a vendor in NJ (bought cases), but that shipped has sailed.

24 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

The Ruinart was very far from being old.  I've had better bottles of the Fonseca 1970, but was still a treat.  The other Champagne was Andre Jacquart "Experience" Blanc de Blancs Brut Champagne.  A really terrific non-vintage Champagne that I would put against any under $100 USD NV Champagne.  I used to get well below wholesale pricing on this bottle from a vendor in NJ (bought cases), but that shipped has sailed.

thanks. i meant i was getting old, not the ruinart. as in, getting old - couldn't read the Jacquart label. they are a good producer but i've not seen that one.