HTC One - Whoa, dead sexy

Well,

The Samsung Galaxy S4 was released yesterday. What do you all think? It came with a couple of nifty new features but it seems that the general reaction is kinda meh. Bigger screen though. Maybe a bit bigger than I'd prefer to go.

Wilkey

I've been an iPhone user since iPhone 3GS, I purchased it a few months before the iPhone 4 was released. Once my contract ended the iPhone 4S was released and I hopped on that. I am still currently using the iPhone 4S, but my contract is up in June. Which means I have a decision to make here in a few months. I am a Mac and iPad user and always will as long as they continue to produce products with the same level of quality as they do now. Having said that, recently I've started to get bored with my iPhone. Seeing the new HTC one has really got me thinking about that decision.

Since the day my iPhone 4S arrived its been in a LifeProof case, hands down the best case you can buy in terms of bang for your buck. I never have to worry about my phone breaking (knock on wood), I can take it swimming, I can get it dirty then rinse if off under the faucet, I've dropped it numerous when shutting the car doors or getting out of the car forgetting its sitting on my lap. I've found it to be truly LifeProof.

I can't imagine getting a new phone and not having a LifeProof case for it. Because I've begun to really just take the case for granted and I'm afraid if I got a phone that doesn't have a LifeProof case I might forget about not having it and do some serious damage to the new device.

Currently LifeProof only has cases developed for iOS devices (iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch Gen. 4 & iPad 2, 3 and 4) they are supposedly working on developing a case for the Samsung Galaxy SIII but seeing how that device is now obsolete in terms of latest generations I'm not sure how that will work out.

So for me its not just the phone itself that has to be appealing but the cases and accessories that are available for the device as well.

• 8 months later...

Picked up one of these today for a penny (blackest of Fridays my sons). Been an iPhone user since the first release. I had an HTC brick before that so I am intrigued to go back after several years.

Will report back in a few weeks. The 5S just didn't excite me and change for the sake of change never goes out of style.

Apple products are behind HTC and Samsung already. Break away from the cult and the perception of having superior products and upgrade to this android device.

I think young kids are catching on as Android has taken over and Apple is on the way out. I dont think any amount of celebrity power can sell Apples old technology.

I think young kids are catching on as Android has taken over and Apple is on the way out. I dont think any amount of celebrity power can sell Apples old technology.

I reserve the right to call out "haters" and "fanboys" from either side. This post is either entirely useless or JAAHAF trollpost.

Wilkey

Been with the Nexus 4 x3 months now. before that, Blackberry. it was a life changing moment for me, on same level with online banking. never cared too much for iphone. dont like the idea of having aninferior product every 8 months or so when they roll out with a new model IMO.

I've been a Sony Xperia man for the last few phones and have just got my hands on the Z1. Absolutely stunning bit of kit. Was a bit apprehensive due to its size but it fits comfortably in the hand and you can use it easily with just 1 hand. The 5" screen almost makes it a tablet and the 2.3ghz chip with the 20mp camera put my existing tablet to shame.

sony-xperia-z1.jpg

xperia looks great

couldn't really ask for more from my 5s, couple the seemless operation to its tremendous resale value (not relevant for you since it's your work phone) but for personal use makes it a no brainer, the market pays me to stay with apple and the new camera takes fantastic photos

Every samsun galaxy for me has felt awful the hand, too light and made of paper thin cheap plastic.

I mentioned in another thread i sell mobile phones for a living and im very impressed with the htc one, looks gorgeous in black...

But leading the pack at the minute is the sony xperia z. Just epic.

I would like to ask your opinion thinking of buying the HTC one or one mini,how are they from a built quality?

I think the HTC one is by far the nicest of the Androids with the Z1 second.

it's still android bloatware though. Needing a 2.3GHZ quad core to be almost as responsive as a 1,4GHz dual core iPhone 5S.

I like the larger displays on the androids, but i Love the security and speed of iOS.

I love my iPhone 5S (especially the fingerprint sensor and camera) but I do suffer from big screen envy when comparing with the Experia Z. Hoping the iPhone 6 will have a 5" screen ;)

HTC builds decent phones, but as a company, they are dying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk