Songs that have you dry retching

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil Young!

Can't sing, can't play guitar... would be laughed off a stage at a talent show.

Dance music. Who would consider scratching a vinyl record backwards the sound of music?

-Piggy

Yes another true believer LOL I have never understood Neil Young ,sorry but I just don't get it .

I agree with Ray on this

Sorry but cannot agree on the Eagles though

Still trying to get a list together in my head ,there's a lot of songs I hate LOL

Pretty much all of the garbage that's playing on the radio right now in the US. Sucks we have the radio on at work, but I change it to a station that's playing old 80's and 90's songs. Every time I hear katey perry screaming it makes my blood boil.

Mmmmmm huh. Yup.

I'm not a huge fan of her music (not a big country fan). But a lot of it is "palatable".

However, once you've worked security at a show of hers, and been privy to the amazement that her band and stage production puts on, aside from the fact of the 16 or so costume changes that are done on the fly backstage (ever notice that the woman barely ever wore a bra for years and years, or just those thin sexy little sportsbras?), man.....its a wonderful thing.

meatloaf hasn't worn a bra for 50 years! :D

The Neil Young hate is political. He is not popular with the far right crowd. Lol.

Jazz wannabe. Lmao. Do you think any members of the E Street band would agree with such an assessment?

Surely not.....

i'll bet clarence isn't playing any jazz up in rock and roll heaven.

i haven't watched much of glee but i did see the pne where the little *** kid becomes the football team's kicker but needs musioc to be played to get his rhythm right. this was one of the songs. i have not laughed so much in years. it was very funny.

I like a huge variety of music types (classic, opera, rock, grunge, heavy metal,folk, irish, electronic etc) but there are some that make me retch...

Almost all 80's popular music. Almost all country and western. All rap and hip hop. All manufactured boy bands from all eras.

The Neil Young hate is political. He is not popular with the far right crowd. Lol.

Jazz wannabe. Lmao. Do you think any members of the E Street band would agree with such an assessment?

Surely not.....

Kiss my butt Kommie! -LOL If I were judging the quality of music based on politics I would hate just about every musician.

I honestly have one thing to thank Neil Young for. Here is the story!

Lady Piggy was a bit of a hippy as a kid. Growing up in the "Valley" her and her girlfriends would consume too much (use your imagination here) and drive up into the canyons. After running the VW outta' gas her and her girlfriend ended up stumbling around in his yard where he graciously took them in, let them sleep it off and got them back home again! I am not preaching Neil Young hate...

Yeah his politics suck... but that was not my point. He cannot sing nor play guitar! That was my point!

Cheers, -Piggy

Kiss my butt Kommie! -LOL If I were judging the quality of music based on politics I would hate just about every musician.

I honestly have one thing to thank Neil Young for. Here is the story!

Lady Piggy was a bit of a hippy as a kid. Growing up in the "Valley" her and her girlfriends would consume too much (use your imagination here) and drive up into the canyons. After running the VW outta' gas her and her girlfriend ended up stumbling around in his yard where he graciously took them in, let them sleep it off and got them back home again! I am not preaching Neil Young hate...

Yeah his politics suck... but that was not my point. He cannot sing nor play guitar! That was my point!

Cheers, -Piggy

Look out, Piggy,

there's a white boat

comin' up the river

With a big red beacon,

and a flag,

and a man on the rail...

interesting to hear that piggy. he apparently tried to convince an old girlfriend of mine to run off with him (many years before i ever met her, i should add - she was quite a bit younger than him). she always said he was an absolute gentleman.

you'll know his old album 'after the goldrush'? i always thought it was to do with it was something to do with the old 49's and gold rushes but apparently the goldrush was a bar in nashville (which was where she worked at the time). all the muso's would come in after their gigs and then they would all go on from there to somewhere else and it was the 'going on from there' that apparently inspired the title.

I am a classic music fan as well as classic "progressive" rock. Rhythm guitar and a 4 piece drum kit is not my thing.

I like ELP, Yes, Genesis, Rush (when Geddy Lee screamed), Pink Floyd... that kinda's stuff. If you can remember a song the first time you hear it, that means that I will be bored with it the second time.

I like good guitarists, Gilmore, Hackett, Howe, not one chord wonders. I like some female vocals from Stevie Nicks to Sarah Brightman, even some Herb Albert.

... all famous right wingers!!! -LOL

Sing me another of your favorites Kommie... It lets me know you better!!! -LOL

-R

Having seen Niel Young live, and also having been a fan for a while, I have to say he is on a par with Dylan, Springsteen, The Beatles, etc as being a very good musician, and an excellent songwriter, with a career of great longevity.

Harvest, After the goldrush, everybody knows this is nowhere, Zuma....etc all clasic albums, not just collections of songs, but constructed albums.

Jazz is musicians music. Improvised.

For the sake of conversation, it needn't be strictly musician's music - certainly some of it might be considered dissonant, but jazz standards are, well, standards (of course allowing for solo improv) - but usually all are within a framework. To me, jazz is much more "the peoples music"......

Perhaps I might even liken it to the French impressionists - they went outside the (at the time) norm to paint what they saw....

So once again, I can understand people not connecting with jazz, not caring for it. Personally, I never say a certain kind of music, or a group, etc "sucks" - but I will say that it's not my cup of tea.

I listen to all kinds of music - listening to the Afro Cuban All Stars right now - Amor Verdadero is very jazzy. I love classical as well.....

He wouldn't be playing anything if not for Jazz.

Jazz is musicians music. Improvised. Like I said, I would wager the house that neither Bruce nor the band share your sentiments.

no one is perfect, not even bruce, though i'd need proof of that.

i have tried and tried with jazz but it just seems like music for tossers (no offence to any jazz lovers and not aimed at anyone personally, it just has that effect on me).

Make an effort man. Haha....

Some of the most down to earth, contemplative people I know listen to Jazz. Guys like Grant Green, Thelonious Monk, Ornette Coleman, lee Morgon. Damn. Lots of good stuff there.

I agree with Colt that most genres have merit or st least can't be dismissed out of hand. You just gotta dig deep and get to the root of the appeal.

Make an effort man. Haha....

Some of the most down to earth, contemplative people I know listen to Jazz. Guys like Grant Green, Thelonious Monk, Ornette Coleman, lee Morgon. Damn. Lots of good stuff there.

I agree with Colt that most genres have merit or st least can't be dismissed out of hand. You just gotta dig deep and get to the root of the appeal.

i have made the effort. endless times. jazz clubs. recordings. i do like some latin jazz but bugger all else.

Agree with a lot above.

When you are young and dumb..."this music is the best..all else is rubbish"!

As the years go by, I have realised that it is all just music.

So I may listen to Pablo Cassels, Beck, Skip James, ACDC, Beatles etc etc in one day.

But I tend to veer away from this inclusive point of view when I hear an obvious product, which I guess is a lot of popular music.

For me, if it ain't played with feeling, it ain't good.

The Cheeky Girls...touch my bum.