Worst LE ever?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoked a few ELs over the past year.

Some hits. Some misses but good to experience them all. Here are my impressions of the ones I've tried.

The 03 monte C, 06 Cohiba Piramide, 07 Trinidad Ingenios, '10 Trinidad Short Robusto, 09 H Upmann Magnum 48; not in my wheelhouse.

06 Partagas Serie D No. 3, '12 H Upmann Robusto ; will get better over time; discombobulated right now

2000 monte Robusto: excellent

04 HdM EE, 05 H Upmann Mag 50, 09 RyJ Duke, '12 Partagas C : surprisingly good

04 Partagas Serie D No. 1, 01 cohiba piramide, 08 monte sublime, '10 monte GE, '11 RA Allones extra, '11 Cohiba 1966, '12 monte 520 stellar

Win, lose or draw, they all have been fun to smoke.

Ived smoked about 6 RA Extras and love them. I started with a 5'er and ended up buying a whole box. Dipped into that box and ending up buying 3 more boxes.

love everything about the cigar. size, flavor, presentation, 25 count boxes and the price isnt out of line.

Another vote for the Trini Short Robusto, nice enough smoke but stupid pricing. Trini Ingenios also seems poor so far. Not a fan of the HdM short piramide either but need to revisit this I think

However, I have very much enjoyed RyJ Duke, MGE, M520, 1966, RAAE, Monte C(only had one), Monte Sublimes, Cuaba Piramids, mag 48, BoliPB... I guess what I'm saying is I've really like most of the ELs I've had...

This year (2012 anyway) the 520 is a great smoke already, Robusto not but has promise, and C is a power house that again has promise, not a bad year :)

The Escudos from R&J was really a **** cigar when out.

I smoked one few weeks ago and I can say that it's one of the best.

So... it's Cuba!

The Escudos from R&J was really a **** cigar when out.

I smoked one few weeks ago and I can say that it's one of the best.

So... it's Cuba!

Agree - smoking beautifully at the moment

Cheers for all the feedback

Seems like the Trinidad Shorts (and Trinidad in general) gets the nod for worst LE ever. Seems like they seriously need to reassess their LE programme.

RA Extra is certainly the most controversial so probably gets nod for most inconsistent. I know I've had 1 from a VG box and unfortunately own a box of duds. Improve with age? Doubt it.

Keep the R&J Dukes, Escudos as well as Monte Sublimes, 520s coming!

I'm prob in the minority here but I found the 1966 to be very underwhelming considering what it cost.

I picked up one when they came out and could not see $50+ when a siglo VI is half the price.

I recently picked up a box for a good price so I'm not entirely sold on them being a dud and I'll prob end up reversing my opinion of them but that was where I was at with them when they first came out.

Also, I thought the mag 48 was a bit Meh

They are all exactly the same cigars with exactly the same blends and exactly the same wrappers sprinkled with cocoa dust. the only thing that differentiates them are the bands.

No. The blends are different, they're not the same cigars. I guess the "sprinkled with cocoa dust" part was just a joke…

I'm prob in the minority here but I found the 1966 to be very underwhelming considering what it cost.

I picked up one when they came out and could not see $50+ when a siglo VI is half the price.

I recently picked up a box for a good price so I'm not entirely sold on them being a dud and I'll prob end up reversing my opinion of them but that was where I was at with them when they first came out.

Also, I thought the mag 48 was a bit Meh

I think we will be the minority here but I agree. I would much rather have two siglo 6s and some spare change than one 1966.

They are all exactly the same cigars with exactly the same blends and exactly the same wrappers sprinkled with cocoa dust. the only thing that differentiates them are the bands.

No. The blends are different, they're not the same cigars. I guess the "sprinkled with cocoa dust" part was just a joke…

Agreed with Smallclub.

They're not all the same cigars at all. Granted, sometimes picking out (some of) the individual flavours of the different blends/brands can be very hard, due to the overpowering nature of the cocoa/chocolate/coffee/expresso tones with most of these EL/maduro wrappers, there are still differences there to be tasted if you can pick them out.

The Cuaba Piramide, the Trinidad Ingenios, the Montecristo Sublimes, and the RA Extras are four of my favourites, and there are some definite differences there between those.