Matthew is the skier in our family and my 2 kids snowboard. He loves it out west, Big White, Whistler, Banff, ++. Our place in Collingwood is near smaller hills but we are here every weekend. Tom (tmac) is a huge skier and he and Matthew were great ski buddies! Personally, I don't even like going outside.

Where are you located Hempworth? Near Collingwood by chance?

No...originally I'm from Montreal but now I reside near Chesterville, ON.

I had never even heard about it. Checked out their website and also add that hill to my ski app. Looks interesting and a very nice vertical drop. They have a triple black diamond listed on their trail map which is something I have never seen before. Looks like the hill might not be too far away from Mont-Sainte-Anne.

Yeah, it's probably a good 5-6 hour drive or so but it would be worth it for a weekend trip. The view of the St.-Lawrence as you're skiing down must be breathtaking.

I think Smuggler's also has a triple black diamond...not sure what any of that actually means, though. I think that the whole trail rating system is pretty vague at best. I'm sure that I've been down somw intermediate runs out west that would probably get labelled as black or double black here.