Which would you recommend? Boli RC vs PSD4

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Problem for me is I see this as an 'apple or oranges' type of question - to me these are very different cigars. Should I get the Porsche or the new Corvette? hmmmm... I didnt take the poll as as I

If money allocated is only for one full box, 2x10ct.

I agree with many here, BRC's are far more consistent and you stand a better chance of getting great quality, BUT, if you can manage HQ or PSP PSD 4's, I would personally prefer them.

Ok. I'm nuts. Lol.

Never found the robusto vitola a particularly efficient delivery vehicle for the complex spiciness that characterizes Partagas at its best.

SDC and Seleccion Privada for Partagas. Lonsdales, coronas, and even shorts in a pinch.

The 'Serie' cigars just don't measure up....

• 3 weeks later...

These are two flavor profiles I find are my favorites. The earthy, richness, coffee and white pepper of the Boli is bar none then I love the sweet spice and rich tobacco of the Partagas line.The BRC has been consistently better but if you can get a box of each from FOH than youll be treated right in spades and find the specialties both marcas have to offer.

Huh whichever you enjoy the most??!!

No one here is smoking them for you! Buy what you enjoy not what others say you should enjoy!

If you haven't had either before, grab a robusto splits sampler or the HQ best of march deal.

I see answers like this on occasion....is it so hard to to say i prefer X because of X?

BRCs have been much better smoke for me over the years. Don't get me wrong, PSD4s are wonderful smokes to but the BRC is a much better choice. I've had some quality issues (both smoke and construction) with the Partagas, not as much with bolivar

BRCs have been much better smoke for me over the years. Don't get me wrong, PSD4s are wonderful smokes to but the BRC is a much better choice. I've had some quality issues (both smoke and construction) with the Partagas, not as much with bolivar

X2

• 1 year later...

Both are staples, I have a couple boxes of each in the cabinet. As has been said, it's sort of an apples and oranges comparison. Flip a coin.....then buy a box of each.....innocent.gif

PSD4 for me

I find I'm happy to smoke them anytime but need to be in the mood for a BRC

Exact opposite reaction for me. The BRC is the far more everyday stick in my humi. The PSD4 and most Partagas, for that matter, have a very unique and distinctive flavor profile. When i'm in the mood for a Partagas, only a Partagas will satisfy. The BRC, while sharing the Bolivar brand profile with other Boli. vitolas, has a fundamental taste more similar than different to several other popular Robustos. Think RASS or HdM Epi.#2.

Bottom line is I like them both, but probably smoke a BRC or one of it's peers 15-1 over a PSD4.

Sorry, fat fingered the above. polarbear's quote is the 1st two lines.

• Like 1