Sancho Panza, are they worth it?

Hey folks, I wanna start accumulating some belicosos. I already have some Por Larranaga Asia Pacifico 2008 and they are stunning.

I was browsing a bit and found the usual suspects like the BBF and the RyJ and then, I stumbled on the Sancho Panza Belicoso. Anyone tried it? I've never tried anything from this marca.

They are quite light but I liked the 2 Beli I smoked. What Shlo said...try before you buy!

It's a shame you can't buy the Por Larranaga's Beli in Cuba!

SP's have never really been my bag. I just creamed a box of Molinos however that were good cigars. Not great for lonsdales but good. Certainly better than the typical Monte #1, a cigar that I do like.

There is always a good reason to try a cigar if the cigar is priced reasonably and is of a vitola that you otherwise enjoy. If I found a good box of Molinos at a nice price I would buy another box. The tobacco does not know what band it has on it, or the label on the box... If the cigar is rolled right and has good quality tobacco in it, it is gonna' be a good smoke!

-Piggy

I just got a box here on the LFTW... They are lovely. I really enjoy them and their flavor. They aren't strong, but they provide a nice smoke for a relax on a nice summer/fall day. Don't have to commit to much to them. Belicosos are my favorite of the marca... Also if you can track down some the coronas gigantes are great (well, they were great, discontinued now), and the escuderos for Germany are great smokes also. Sancho Panza is my 3rd most favorite marca. Something about them... They surely aren't for everyone though

Also, it may just be a hunch ..but I have a feeling Sancho Panza won't be around for much longer. I think in future years the whole marca will be cut from the list. And, if you don't like fresh SP lay them down for some age for 5,10 years and you will be surprised what comes of it

Also, it may just be a hunch ..but I have a feeling Sancho Panza won't be around for much longer. I think in future years the whole marca will be cut from the list. And, if you don't like fresh SP lay them down for some age for 5,10 years and you will be surprised what comes of it

X2 imo any chance the marca had, died with the deletion of the molinos.

X2 imo any chance the marca had, died with the deletion of the molinos.

sadly I agree with this and I am a SP fan! Non Plus was the first Cuban I ever had...I like the belis as a lighter, daytime, pyramid

I'm just finishing up a box of 02 Sancho Belis...... light and flavorful with a wonderful vanilla background! I would buy another box of those if I could find them! I sampled a couple from early 11 last year and I liked them as well. Good luck on with your quest.

SP Belicosos are at the milder end, but I find they have a really appetising salty twang to them. I've found them to be pretty consistent in terms of construction too.

I guess if you like the full on Boli belicosos, you may be disappointed with the SP, but if you don't mind a milder beli, these are great.

I find the whole SP range has/had it's own distinct flavour, dark and salty.

I love the bacherilles, and I smoked a fantastic molinos on a long drive yesterday, with that dark saltiness....

I find the beli has a little less saltiness too it, and agree with above, a great cigar for a summers day contemplation.

Yes, they are worth it, far more than any RE EL stuff.

I have a box of Molino's from '06 I have been working through. They are very mild. I almost always burn them when I go on a long car ride. I find I prefer milder sticks when I am driving long distance. I am too busy concentrating on the road to really enjoy and think about a complex stick.

Was gifted on last year. A Torpedo. Was blown away. Think from an 08 box. May have been a one in a million, but it was a real cracker!

Traded for 2 more from same box. Haven't tapped them yet, but can't wait much longer.

Mr. Gringo shared some 70's beli's and I was in love - lightly salty, but mostly malty chocolate like a Mars ball. So I slowly started buying one box every other month or so. It's not like I'm going to smoke any of them either, so in a couple decades, I can be like, "oh yea, THOSE."

Hey folks, I wanna start accumulating some belicosos. I already have some Por Larranaga Asia Pacifico 2008 and they are stunning.

I was browsing a bit and found the usual suspects like the BBF and the RyJ and then, I stumbled on the Sancho Panza Belicoso. Anyone tried it? I've never tried anything from this marca.

If you do choose to buy these cigars you should seriously consider putting them down, not because they are sick or they need rest or they will age well, but because the longer you smoke and the more your palate develops the less patience you will have for cigara like the PL Belicoso and the more you will appreciate the flavors of Sancho Panza.

You will be happy that you have them around when they disappear for good.