What crazy weekend we have had

I spent half the day cleaning up around the house. Fallen branches in driveway and plenty of foliage in the pool.

Loungeroom ceiling sprang a bit of a leak last nigh, flashing around chimney can be a problem during heavy rain.

Nothing to really complain about though.

Biggest problem was the dog didn't want to get her feet wet and thought it would be funny to leave me a present on the carpet.

Gotta love her sense of humor.

will keep an eye on the level of the creek and if it starts rising again, i'll bail out again. the brizzy and bremer are supposed to rise considerably but my creek tends to operate "locally". just takes the local catchment, which was huge, but if not much more rain - and i gather that we are past the main rain - then i'd hope it recedes. problem is at night when you simply can't see it.

Be on alert Ken! I dont know where you live in Brissy but the peak flood level is not expected until midday tomorrow (Tues), not sure if youve seen the council's flood prediction maps but if not: http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/

I know it got downgraded, but seriously that was basically a cat 1 cyclone that came through Brissy last night ... scary stuff!

We're one of the lucky few with our roof in one piece and situated above flood level - Best wishes to everyone! - I hope you are all safe and dry!

It is strange that while storms and floods are raging up north, we down south are on constant threat of bush fires at the moment. :(

Oh I think it's coming to get you too and don't worry it'll put those fires out.

Missing all of the fun in Brissy.

Hope the deck is still intactok.gif

We got hit yesterday with the storms reaching sydney, we tied down whatever could go flying off in the backyard. 1 of the bedroom walls opened up with leaks about 10pm last night so it was a quick patch up job with some drop sheets and towels and buckets. Taken today off to clean up and have people come and assess the damage.

The sun is out now so hope that was the worse of it.

Glad to hear that everyone is safe.

Be on alert Ken! I dont know where you live in Brissy but the peak flood level is not expected until midday tomorrow (Tues), not sure if youve seen the council's flood prediction maps but if not: http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/

I know it got downgraded, but seriously that was basically a cat 1 cyclone that came through Brissy last night ... scary stuff!

We're one of the lucky few with our roof in one piece and situated above flood level - Best wishes to everyone! - I hope you are all safe and dry!

my creek not tidal so it is solely based on the catchment. dropped another foot or so overnight so heading the right way. others not so lucky.

it did knock over another huge tree, the top of which must have missed the house by about 6 feet when it came down.

lot of cleaning up needed.

my creek not tidal so it is solely based on the catchment. dropped another foot or so overnight so heading the right way. others not so lucky.

it did knock over another huge tree, the top of which must have missed the house by about 6 feet when it came down.

lot of cleaning up needed.

Oh thats good to hear Ken! Close call with the tree!

Stay safe. I know what you're going through. Living on the US Gulf Coast, we deal with hurricanes constantly. The worst I've been through during my life have been Camille, Frederick, Ivan, and Katrina. All were deadly and horrible experiences. Not having lost a house entirely or washed out into the storm surge, from my experience the aftermath you live with for months after the storm has passed is really worse than the storm itself.

I really sympathize with Aussie's dealing with this storm right now.