People experienced in online retailers

Guys,

Can anyone with extensive experience in buying habanos online PM me to check a vendor's reliability?

90% of my purchases are from Rob but some specific stuff I buy from other places and just wanted to check on this specific website.

Mods: if this post is out of line, feel free to delete it and I apologize in advance.

Tks!

I will say buying blind has been VERY rough lately. A lot of crap and construction is all over the place.

I agree. Its been a strange December/ January of purchases. I've been getting boxes that are a complete mess in construction. Maybe it's a sign for me to take a break

^^^^^^ X 1 Billion

It is just not worth trying to save $1 a cigar and risk the chance of getting all of the off crap that was sent to the secondary market. IF you aren't buying from Rob you are doing yourself a HUGE disservice. And if for whatever reason you are a member of this forum and can't buy from Rob, at least get is personal recommendation to people he knows.

I for one started off this journey knowing no one and nothing about source and e-mail Pacific Cigar Company and traded a few e-mails with the CEO who personally recommended Rob and crew. You can't get better than FoH. So again, is a dollar or two a cigar REALLY worth it in the long run?

I've realized that I will gladly pay the premium to know the quality of product and service from my vendors.

Agreed. I'll gladly pay a premium to buy from A- a top quality bloke like Rob B- Knowing Rob personally, and knowing he will not sell crap cigars with construction issues to his customers and C- Top quality Customer service offered by DI and the czar crew...Still have no idea what Smithy does for a living around there though...LOL

I agree Shlomo and I do, on occasion, have a great source for what you describe. But if we are giving the OP our honest opinion and advice it would be to avoid secondary market providers. Most people in this have been burned by shading retailers. Personally, I had my CC compromised by one and thousands of dollars of charges were made. I had to work with my bank for weeks to clear it all up. There is no worry about crap like that with Rob and crew . . . :) Add to it the personal selection of boxes if requested, LITH, Live from the Warehouse etc and there is truly no better place. You have to agree with that, right?

It is just not worth trying to save $1 a cigar and risk the chance of getting all of the off crap that was sent to the secondary market.

There are good and bad boxes everywhere. It's the "hand picking" that makes the difference, not the location.

Where the selection (of sealed boxes!) would be made, and by who, according to you?

Rob spends hours to pick the best boxes: that shows that PCC doesn't get a "primary market" (?) selection.

If you read the last two sentences of my last post you would not have needed to even post your last response.

… The OP needed to know about a legit vendor located in a certain country which gets good and less good stuff, exactly like PCC or Coprova or Intertabak… AFAIK.

All distributors worldwide get the same quality cigars IMO. I do not believe Habanos shows any favoritism towards any part of the world. As stated, Rob opens and inspects thousands of boxes and gets to see world class cigars and plenty of crap as well. After all, you really do not know what kind of cigars are in the box till you crack it open. I have bought from other vendors and have had some PSP quality cigars and some mediocre ones as well. Do other vendors open and inspect, sure they can and do but maybe they don't go the extra mile like the Czar does. That is not to say you cannot get great cigars elsewhere, JMO

Why? Please tell us what the secondary market is, and WHERE it is… The OP needed to know about a legit vendor located in a certain country which gets good and less good stuff, exactly like PCC or Coprova or Intertabak… AFAIK.

I presume the boxs that dont make the grade @ Czar go to secondary vendors. I could bewrong but just figured they had to go somewhere

I presume the boxs that dont make the grade @ Czar go to secondary vendors. I could bewrong but just figured they had to go somewhere

But what about sealed, unopen, unchecked boxes? In the importers warehouses in Europe only a few boxes are randomly checked for quality. In the best shops, the boxes are delivered sealed.

So much unnecessary hot air on this thread for an innocent enquiry. Time for some to revisit the ethos of this site which is FRIENDS of Habanos.

My thoughts exactly.

We all know CZAR is tops. Someone should just PM Gersonmorelli if they can help him out on a vendor review.

They head to domestic wholesale, pubs, clubs, and plain packaging.