Trinidad Short Robusto T's - is anyone smoking these?

Was posting about these in another thread, and figured it deserved it's own....

The Trinidad Short Robusto T LE - does anyone smoke these, care about these, enjoy these, whatsoever? I remember hear of Rob's disdain for them on a Vid review a while ago.....has anyone given them a chance at all? Is there a point to them?

My strongest cigar memory of Malta while deployed in 2011 was going to the largest CIgar vendor in the Country, and going into his Walk-in Humidor - and marvelling at the hundreds of Short Robusto T Boxes on the shelves (more of them than any other vitola) gathering dust. When I asked the vendor if anyone was buying them, he shook his head sadly.....

Anyone like these?

No, only the Robusto

Never tried one and never planning on, they are the same price as a Cohiba Lancero/Robusto here rotfl.gif

Same here, I stocked on the Robusto Ts when they were on sale. On one trusted site the Short Rob LE is over 18.50 U.S. a stick(box price). Coro can be had for a little over 13 and Lanceros for under 16 U.S. each (box price) Beside, I have never seen a good review at all for these.

My dad has a box of these. Dark (basically maduro), short, and pretty decent. Maybe he lucked out. However, I can see that folks don't love them, as they are in that dark chocolate, dark cedar profile that has been done a lot lately.

I love the Trini Robusto T...smoked a few of the Trini Short Robusto Ts when I was in Mexico. Hated each and every one of them.

I had one, which doesnt give me much clout to comment on them,

but I didnt find anything special or even a 'Gee, I'd like another one of these"

so I never did have a second nor ever bought another.

And I wasnt factoring in the price when I was rating it in my head, but

seeing the cost, I don't understand how they could sell very well.