Extreme weather smoke...

Minus 33 degrees today in Québec... So I told myself, what better weather to light a good cuban.

Open the Humis, picked a Partagas Serie C no 3, EL 2012, yeah I know, some purist might say it's a waste of a good cigar but, what the heck,you only live once.

So I dressed accordingly and got outside because, when you need your fix, you need your fix.

All in all, cigar smoked extremely well. in fact I think that this cigar might be the steal of the 2012EL's. classic Partagas taste, earthy, pepper, leather. A great cigar that burntevenly for about 45 minutes, even if the weather outside was freezing.

So, what's your extreme weather annecdote?

post-13436-0-29224200-1358889877_thumb.j

post-13436-0-84377900-1358889939_thumb.j

I don't know how you do it. When I smoke in the extreme cold, I usually can't taste much. My sinuses tend to close up, and my nose starts running. I start pushing more smoke out of the nasal passages to get more flavor... and my sinuses get worse. Not a pretty picture. LOL

Wow with the recent cold streak here in Montreal I've been hiding indoors as much as possible...you're hardcore!

I run to the garage and fire up the heater....

Movie nights in the winter man cave rocks!

Personally I've smoked outdoors the past 3 years in Toronto either in my garage or on my balcony with no issues. My first Montreal winter in 10 years and I'll pass on smoking outdoors the weather here is on a whole 'nother level....i text Riaz and head to Stogies now.

I hear ya bro, a man's has to do what a man has to do! Cigar lounge and my winter beater became my winter smoking spots this year. On weekends I put on the snow pants, sweater, hoodie, winter jacket, winter gloves, winter boots, and will brave the tundra for a short stick. Sometimes I cave an burn one in the apartment but I try not to.

IMAG0185.jpg

On your way to the hospital Phil?

lol, not any time soon I hope! Just driving around the area I live in with the heat blasting. It is good to know in case of an emergency the hospital is not too far away though.

post-6690-1301790528.jpg

post-6690-1301790584.jpg

post-6690-1301790537.jpg

Pics above are of a PL Montecarlo enjoyed last year about this time. I also resort to the old Toyota beater to enjoy a cigar in this weather (can't enjoy indoors).

My real winter story though is about growing up in the Northwest Territories of Canada, where my dad used to keep a winter tent set up with a pot belly stove, and always kept a bottle of rum in the indoor snowbank. Left it there while away in case of visitors. Sometimes he mixed it with Coke, which would freeze to mush, depending on the mix. Dad's the one who introduced me to this great world of Cuban cigars... or maybe we discovered it together.