Does Cuba still have its Stockpile of Tobacco?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a ton of Robusto "T" there as well.

It really is not a problem for them. Any cigar that does not sell, you sell them down over 4-5 years and discontinue them. Everything eventually sells. You take a hit on ROI, but your investment is secure. You learn not to do it again. Give the punter what they want. If you hit with 3 out of 4 new offerings then that is a magnificent result. the 4th you dump quickly.

So in recent times. Behike...Runaway success. 520 EL Runaway success RAExtra Runaway success.....Upmann Half Corona Runaway success....R&J Petit Churchil....Failure......Upmann Royal Robusto .....success Upmann Robusto LE 2012...success

RG Perlas....ask the spanish...E2...Failure....D5....Failure Cohiba Piramide...success.

Their hit rate is improving

Prez, maybe it was discussed before but I missed it. Was the Robusto T a complete failure? A whole lot of people like it, including me. Was it the pricing that put it at more cost than say Coro? Or just priced too highly? I know I really only stocked on them when the price was discounted. I always felt they would have sold more if priced a little under Coro. I know the quality is there and am sad to see them go, but wanted to know your thoughts on this. Regards

Cardboard? Aren't these boxes made of plywood covered with paper, like other Montecristos?

Exactly what I was thinking... I've never seen a cardboard dress box.

Even Trevor isn't sure. Look at "PACKAGING"

012 - Edición Limitada 2012 Limited Edition Series Montecristo 520 Maravillas No.3 55 x 155 (6.1") Robusto Extra

Montecristo_Montecristo_520_cigar_full_0.jpgMontecristo 520 - a new special release size

Limited Edition 2012 Cigars: Handmade, using two-year old aged tobacco. Bands: Standard band C, with Edición Limitada 2012 band. Packaging: Un-numbered B?10. Status: A 2012 release.

VS 2010

2010 - Edición Limitada Limited Edition Series Grand Edmundo Cañonazo 52 x 150 (5.9") Robusto Extra

Montecristo_Grand_Edmundo_cigar_full_1.jpgGrand Edmundo - a new special release size

Cigars: Handmade. All tobacco aged two years. Bands: Standard band C, with Edición Limitada 2010 band. Packaging: Unnumbered SBN10. Status: A 2010

release.

It's obvious the 2010 Grand Edmundo is listed with a SBN10 vs Trevor inserting a ? to indicate there is a question on what the B10 (box of 10) is made out of.

Verified with another very respected member the not only the 520's, but the RA Extra EL 2011 is in a cardboard box too. Basically it seems like all th EL and LCDH cigars from 2011 to present are in cardboard with the exception of the 1966 and GR.

Being told they are part cardboard and regular wood. I think there was a "lost in translation" moment and the fact that cardboard was being used for part of the EL and LCDH boxes. The fact that the boxes contain cardboard was questioned based on the cost of EL cigars. I stand corrected.

Even Trevor isn't sure. Look at "PACKAGING"

012 - Edición Limitada 2012 Limited Edition Series Montecristo 520 Maravillas No.3 55 x 155 (6.1") Robusto Extra

Montecristo_Montecristo_520_cigar_full_0.jpgMontecristo 520 - a new special release size

Limited Edition 2012 Cigars: Handmade, using two-year old aged tobacco. Bands: Standard band C, with Edición Limitada 2012 band. Packaging: Un-numbered B?10. Status: A 2012 release.

VS 2010

2010 - Edición Limitada Limited Edition Series Grand Edmundo Cañonazo 52 x 150 (5.9") Robusto Extra

Montecristo_Grand_Edmundo_cigar_full_1.jpgGrand Edmundo - a new special release size

Cigars: Handmade. All tobacco aged two years. Bands: Standard band C, with Edición Limitada 2010 band. Packaging: Unnumbered SBN10. Status: A 2010

release.

It's obvious the 2010 Grand Edmundo is listed with a SBN10 vs Trevor inserting a ? to indicate there is a question on what the B10 (box of 10) is made out of.

This is incorrect....the question is what type of box was proposed (at the time that this cigar was added to the website), not construction. For construction details-

See: http://www.cubanciga...breviations.htm

BTW the website has been updated.

Fat cigars in cardboard or plywood are still fat cigars. My Diplomatico #1's don't have either problem!!!nyah.gif

Gentlemen please. Take a deep breath, get a laugh and go smoke a cigar! Is there a reason that anyone should be alienated from the board, cardboard or otherwise for reasons of a discussion about a cigar box?

By the way...

This is from H SA, confused, poorly run and perpetually wrong on many fronts!

Montecristo 520 Edición Limitada 2012 is arriving to the world's specialized Points of sale in a 10 unit Special Labeled Box (CBB)

Brand: Montecristo Commercial name: Montecristo 520 Factory name: Maravillas No.3 Measures: 55 ring gauge (21.83 mm) x 150 mm in length Presentations: Special Labeled box (CBB) of 10 units

Fat cigars in cardboard or plywood are still fat cigars. My Diplomatico #1's don't have either problem!!!nyah.gif

Gentlemen please. Take a deep breath, get a laugh and go smoke a cigar! Is there a reason that anyone should be alienated from the board, cardboard or otherwise for reasons of a discussion about a cigar box?

By the way...

This is from H SA, confused, poorly run and perpetually wrong on many fronts!

Montecristo 520 Edición Limitada 2012 is arriving to the world's specialized Points of sale in a 10 unit Special Labeled Box (CBB)

Brand: Montecristo Commercial name: Montecristo 520 Factory name: Maravillas No.3 Measures: 55 ring gauge (21.83 mm) x 150 mm in length Presentations: Special Labeled box (CBB) of 10 units

CBB is Current Box with Brooch (= dress box with brooch)

See also: http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/info-packaging.htm#Habanos_Packing_Codes