Cigar Locations in Curitiba, Brazil

Hi Guys,

I will be traveling to Curitiba, Brazil next month, and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations re Cigar locations/Vendors or any other info that may be useful.

Beyond Cubans, I am particularly excited about trying the local Brazilian productions. Has anyone tried them? (Cigar Journal listed a few of them in top categories, as much as that's worth thinking.gif )

Thanks for the feedback!

Hi davidl,

I am from Sao Paulo and haven't been in Curitiba for a while. If you are staying at a hotel, ask the front desk and I'm sure they'll give a better recommendation than I can give.

As far as cigars, Cuban cigars (and any other for that matter) are very expensive here. So I'd bring my own from abroad. I've also tried a number of Brazilian cigars and haven't been impressed by any. They're usually very underfilled and taste like dried lettuce. I've heard that some good brands have out since last time I bothered. I have a friend who enjoys Monte Pascoal. But can't say much about them.

Sorry that I couldn't be of much help. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Hi davidl,

I am from Sao Paulo and haven't been in Curitiba for a while. If you are staying at a hotel, ask the front desk and I'm sure they'll give a better recommendation than I can give.

As far as cigars, Cuban cigars (and any other for that matter) are very expensive here. So I'd bring my own from abroad. I've also tried a number of Brazilian cigars and haven't been impressed by any. They're usually very underfilled and taste like dried lettuce. I've heard that some good brands have out since last time I bothered. I have a friend who enjoys Monte Pascoal. But can't say much about them.

Sorry that I couldn't be of much help. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the info gersonmorelli, especially the heads up re cigar prices in Brazil. I am indeed staying at a hotel, but I wouldn't expect them to know that much about the subject. I read about cigar places in Sao Paulo and Rio, but Curitiba seems to be a little more remote of a place with not that much info available on the net.