What shall I get next?

Guest robusto101

Guest robusto101

Hello all-

I'm mostly a lurker and rarely post but I appreciate all the opinions and experience that is brought to the forum so I thought I'd poke my head in hear and get some ideas.

I don't smoke much at all and way less than I would like but below you'll find my current stock. I'm wondering what to buy next and I'd like your help. I don't have a set flavor profile; I like a lot of stuff. Always like the taste of tobacco so I'm easy I guess. Anyway, here's what I've got in the humidor:

1. Monte PE

2. Monte No 2

3. VR Famosos

4. Boli Petit Corona

5. Boli CG

6. Upmann Mag 46

7. JL No 1

8. Trini Reyes

9. HdM No 2

All of these are boxes of 25 (minus what I've smoked; but mostly full) except the Monte's and Trinidad's. They are 10's and 12. I'm basically trying to build up a nice stock of variety. Here's a few I've been thinking about:

-Ramon Allones: Grandes or Allones Extra? Any thoughts on these? I know that RASS has a lot of good reviews as well.

-Partagas: I'm stumped here. The obvious choice is PSD4 but what about the Serie C or E?

-Monte: Ok so I have two Monte's but heard potentially great things about the GE and 520's. Assuming I can get a hold of them, they worth it?

Any additional suggestions are certainly welcome.

Thanks!

I am a big fan of the Monte 520's. Not cheap but well worth it. They are very good now and will get better with more time.

Another one to consider is the H Upmann Royal Robusto. You don't have any H Upmanns in your collection and depending on your taste it might be a good addition.

Partagas - 898 is a must if you want some Partagas in your humidor. And to stay with the lonsdale format, maybe some Monte No. 1's.

Upmann - No. 2's if you like your Mag 46's. If you like your Mag 46's a lot find some Upmann 2009 EL 48's. These are very tasty cigars.

RyJ - Cazadores should be in any real mans humidor, along with some Short Churchills and/or Wide Churchills.

Bolivar - Royal Coronas are my favorite robusto with some age.

might as well get some HDM des dieux. especially since you don't smoke much you have and aging potential right there. aged they are fantastic !! i'd go with a box Juan lopez Selection no 4 as well..sensational cigars !

I usually dont suggest samplers but i think you may really benefit from the variety in a sampler box, maybe a torp sampler or robusto sampler. I think something like this would be ideal for your smoking frequency and some more variety for the $$. I dont get the impression you're looking to buy multiple boxes.

It's going to be an interesting cigar journey with people telling you what to like! Grab as many singles as you can get your hands on and see what you enjoy, there is nothing worse than having a box of 23 sticks in your humi that you cant stand!

Finding out what you enjoy in cigars is one of the funnest things to do in this hobby, don't rush it!

Guest robusto101

First of all, thank you all for your participation here. I knew I was going to get a multitude of personal thoughts which inherently makes my wish list larger!

I've already been (since last week; forgot to mention it) trying to get a box of Upmann RR so I've got that on my list. Several of you have commented about the 898's as well. These come in varnished and unvarnished, is that correct? Does it make a difference?

Once again, thanks to each of you for your forthcomings. I'll probably get one more box (in the short term) in addition to the Royal Robusto's so maybe the 898's will be a nice size complement those. Either way, I'll let you all know. But I've already added several of your recommendations to my list of future cigars. I'll definitely be lighting one up this weekend as it has been way too long since I've last had a cigar.

Guest robusto101

Thanks again everyone. Thought I'd share that I just pulled the trigger on a box of Partagas 898's and the Upmann RR's are on the way!

If all I could ever smoke again were Partagas 8-9-8's, I'd be happy, so good choice there........ also love the Partagas Shorts!

Also, the Le Hoyo Dex Diuex are spectacular...... I'm smoking through a cab of 03's! Enjoy!