La Gloria Cubana profile

Hi All,

I've never smoked a LGC cigar before and am wondering how others would describe the flavours and character of this marca? particularly the MdO no2.

Also are the LCDH and RE's substantially different to the standard character - in particular I was looking at the inmensos

Thanks in advance for any info

I only got to try a MdO 1 from 02 and it's definitely in the top 3 best cigars I've smoked so far.

From what I can remember, it started off with delicate hints of grass and honey and it just kept building up until the second half where the flavors just opened up. Grassy, honey, floral flavors thoroughout the cigar with that "twang".

Of course, that was a 10 year old MdO 1. I'm sure a recent MdO 2 and the RE's won't be the same but I would imagine the flavor profiles are similar. Thanks for reminding me to grab a box next chance I get...

How about the MdO #4? Can anyone elaborate on that vs the #2? I just looked up the size and its quite slight in girth.

Floral and sweet for me.

The MdOs take concentration to smoke so as to not overheat them. The Inmensos follows the LGC profile and is easy to smoke - but also the most expensive.

The LGC Marca is close to the top of my list of favorites. and out of the LGC Line I would have to go with the following top 3 in order of preference:

Md'O #1

Md'O#2

Tainos

I find that contrary to popular opinion the LGC line is more complex than most give it credit for. Most of their vitola's are medium/light bodied with floral/woodsy flavours throughout with varying levels of of honey and butter depending on the vitola. The Md"or #1's offer these notes up and more with some earthy mushroom flavours coming through for most of them that I have smoked.

Smoked a #2 recently which had a couple of years on it. Smoked very well with a sweet flavour throughout but ended with a mild damp earthy taste. Had no standout moment but still a very enjoyable easy smoke.

Reading other comments, it sounds like this line requires more than just a couple of years to mature.

At the end of the day, all cigars are worth a try

Mmmm sounds delicious. I was already thinking of getting a box but now i definitely will. I wonder if I'll find buttered popcorn!!

I'm thinking the no 2, because the no 4 sounds a bit too skinny for me. Do people have draw problems with the no 4s? It amazes me that such a skinny cigar could be rolled well consistently

I wonder if I'll find buttered popcorn!!

I Do people have draw problems with the no 4s? It amazes me that such a skinny cigar could be rolled well consistently

You won't find "buttered pop corn" in the No. 3 and No.4. And they are generally perfectly rolled, I've smoked several boxes of each and I can't remember a single bad draw.

But all the Tainos i've smoked had a tight draw…

Mmmm sounds delicious. I was already thinking of getting a box but now i definitely will. I wonder if I'll find buttered popcorn!!

I'm thinking the no 2, because the no 4 sounds a bit too skinny for me. Do people have draw problems with the no 4s? It amazes me that such a skinny cigar could be rolled well consistently

Funny enough, the only LGC I ever had with a bad draw was a Sabrosos from 2002... Never any problems with any of the MdO line.

Would LOVE TO BUY boxes of #1 and #3 if I could find them reasonably priced. Emailed Di and she replied she doesn't have any. FOH and my other regular sources haven't had them for ages. Very surprised when the #4 popped up last LFTH.Not willing to pay 2-3x standard pricing from the outrageous vendors who are terribly overpriced on everything-- Which is probably why they still have them...

So: Sabrosos

Any others tried the inmensos? How was construction?

If the inmensos is true to the marca flavours as suggested, I like the idea of having a bigger smoke to choose from alongside the MdO2

I love immensos. But so htf. I only got one box and smoked 2 already. Less floral but bore sweet.

Construction is perfect.

I'm guessing it's the reason for the Sabrosos still being available around europe too.

In the UK, yes, but not in the rest of Europe. Good riddance anyway; I've never had one but all the veterans I spoke to told me that the Sabroso was by far the weakest LGC.

In the UK, yes, but not in the rest of Europe. Good riddance anyway; I've never had one but all the veterans I spoke to told me that the Sabroso was by far the weakest LGC.

I don't think LCG was ever even imported into the UK in modern times, I've certainly only ever seen them here in cigar auctions when the stock has been brought by someone from Europe. They only added QDO to the H&F catalogue last year! Not enough shiny bands you see! :D

The LGC Marca is close to the top of my list of favorites. and out of the LGC Line I would have to go with the following top 3 in order of preference:

Md'O #1

Md'O#2

Tainos

I find that contrary to popular opinion the LGC line is more complex than most give it credit for. Most of their vitola's are medium/light bodied with floral/woodsy flavours throughout with varying levels of of honey and butter depending on the vitola. The Md"or #1's offer these notes up and more with some earthy mushroom flavours coming through for most of them that I have smoked.

Tom put it very well. I'd agree with this.

I've discussed LGC before with a few others.

My best explanation on the tastes/sensations?

It's kind of like sitting in the backyard of a nice home with a nice giant flower garden and some leafy giant green trees, and a freshly cut lawn, sitting back and relaxing on a stone deck/sitting-area in the shade, a nice spring day, fairly warm and sunny with a light breeze, with the aromas of the freshly cut lawn and the herb garden along the fence being carried on the breeze, and enjoying a warm green tea with light milk and honey.