The one Cigar person in the cigar world you would like to have dinner with?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not living, my grand and great grand-parents (tobacco farmers) My dads side were growing tobacco in Wisconsin, funny as that may sound....

Living, well honestly, Ray (Piggy) has always challenged my common sense on a ton of topics.... that would be an enjoyable smoke. I've done a handful of passes with Mbrody, cool guy and one I'd really like to meet up with. ramon_cojones... I have a feeling there's more than meets the eye. Rob and crew has played a huge role in my enjoyment of smoking cuban cigars. I'd take any of these over others named... hopefully I can get together with one some day.

Doesn't really answer your question, Rob, regarding the one person I would have dinner and a cigar with but oh well cigar.gif

It would be a blast to share a cigar (or 10) with Prez and/or Nino. I can think of no one else who loves life and cigars more. It would be a treat to spend a few hours sharing a meal and cigars with these gents! I am eternally jealous that some of you guys on here got to do just that in Cuba a few weeks ago!!!

Rob ayala, smithy and ken.

What after countless videos who says the banter and alchohol woudnt be immense?!

I feel the same way!!!!! I am constantly laughing when I watch the vidoes. I've even told the guys in the cigar lounge that I now smoke with and they love the videos too! Don't forget to add Lisa to that list, although I have met her when she was in NY on her last trip stateside.

Smoking with friends is a passion. Finding new friends via the experience of smoking a cigar is nothing short of a blessing.

I would be honored by smoking with anyone on this site. I don't believe in golden tongued gurus and have little interest in celebrities. My feet are here in the dirt with my friends... I would rather smoke with one of you guys than just about anyone on any "A" list, cigar "A" list or otherwise. The "A" list mentality goes against just about everything I believe in.

Great people smoke cigars. There are some turds out there as well but that's life. I would be proud to have a smoke with any of you!

Cheers! -Ray

What cigar person would I want to sit down and enjoy dinner with? Don't want to be a prick, but it would be strictly "A" List for me. Lise on my right, Di on my left and definitely a dozen or so bottles of chilled Sauv Blanc on the table...oh and can't forget the Fluffer Nutter Sundaes. Yes...I know the question stated one person, but their sisters, I think that should be an exemption.

Smoking with friends is a passion. Finding new friends via the experience of smoking a cigar is nothing short of a blessing.

I would be honored by smoking with anyone on this site. I don't believe in golden tongued gurus and have little interest in celebrities. My feet are here in the dirt with my friends... I would rather smoke with one of you guys than just about anyone on any "A" list, cigar "A" list or otherwise. The "A" list mentality goes against just about everything I believe in.

Great people smoke cigars. There are some turds out there as well but that's life. I would be proud to have a smoke with any of you!

Cheers! -Ray

Him

What cigar person would I want to sit down and enjoy dinner with? Don't want to be a prick, but it would be strictly "A" List for me. Lise on my right, Di on my left and definitely a dozen or so bottles of chilled Sauv Blanc on the table...oh and can't forget the Fluffer Nutter Sundaes. Yes...I know the question stated one person, but their sisters, I think that should be an exemption.

I can tell you this! You have not lived until you have gone to a strip club with certain members of the Czar crew. I am not mentioning names!!! -LOL

Cheers... -Piggy

I would be honored by smoking with anyone on this site. I would be proud to have a smoke with any of you!

Cheers! -Ray

OK folks! Herf at Piggies!! Ray, break out the RA898's! And remember people, you cannot ride the little horsies!! :P:lol:

Cheers! -Ray

Have had one suggestion I put forward..you fit my No.2 spot to a 'T'...excellent post mate...

I Think I would have a hard time choosing just one person. It would be nice to have some Celeb or famous person, but to be honest I would just like to actually meet some of the great folks here.

Nino

Andy

Bart

These are guys that I have conversations with either here or on Facebook and I would really like to meet in person and have a cigar.

Hopefully we can meet up someday in Havana!!!

For me it would be Alejandro Robaina, but Simon Chase would be fascinating....all he's seen in the industry over the years!

Oh and Ken as well....couldn't imagine a dull conversation with Ken when wine and cigars are involved!!

honestly, Rob Ayala

There are many others I would like to meet, but I cant think of anyone Id rather share a meal, great drinks and a cigar than El Pres

Hope to do it someday

The added bonus is unlike many others on my list (Don Alejandro Robaina (what a dream it would have been to meet him before he died), Carlos Robaina, Hiroshi Robaina, Pete Johnson among others) my wife cant say that she met them first.

I think that Rob is one of the most influental and well connected people in the cigar biz, not to mention the most down to earth non-wankerish in the business.

One of these days

I might add, for those who havent met him, put Brazos Eagle on your list. Cant promise you will make it through the evening with all of your wits about you, but you will have stories for your kids kids kids!

If you ever hang with Rob, I can guarantee three things:

1) He will drink whiskey sodas before noon

2) cigars will be smoked and you will get hammered

3) great times will be had by all, whether you remember it or not

I might add, for those who havent met him, put Brazos Eagle on your list. Cant promise you will make it through the evening with all of your wits about you, but you will have stories for your kids kids kids!

You Complete Me!

" I miss your Musk"

I can tell you this! You have not lived until you have gone to a strip club with certain members of the Czar crew. I am not mentioning names!!! -LOL

Cheers... -Piggy

Salon ROJO!!!!!! LOL.

If you ever hang with Rob, I can guarantee three things:

1) He will drink whiskey sodas before noon

2) cigars will be smoked and you will get hammered

3) great times will be had by all, whether you remember it or not

TOO TRUE!!!! Seconded!

Cheers! -Ray

One day my friend ,maybe we could have a whip round and get you over for the "Havanathon " this October ,I wholeheartedly agree with what you said ,it is a difficult question to answer unequivocally,there are so many people that spring to mind ,but there's nothing wrong in playing in the Dirt

Cheers Steve