What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Here's what's in my glass today, a Courvoisier Napoleon which I picked up duty free a while back.

Haven't seen it since.

Not anything super special, but decent for the price. Has a price tag of $90 AUD but I think I paid around $40 on clearance.

Can't figure out how to rotate the image so on it's side it will stay.

post-8495-0-54472900-1448017910_thumb.jp

• Like 1

@sengjc what was your favorite at the japanese whisky tasting?

How is the MWR and the Glenlivet guardians?

The Chichibu Peated is probably the best of the lot. The MWR is quite good compared to others in the line-up and heaps better than the Mars and the Iwai. These two I found to be a little bland.

The Glenlivet Guardians I found to be a good and fresh sherried malt. There's some youngish spirit in there and because of this, for the price, maybe the current batch of Aberlour 12 would be better value, I think.

• Like 1

Sundays lineup with a Blasphemous use of Elijah Craig 18 at the end. The Sazerac 18 was the best to me, my friends thought the Compass Box was insanely good.

post-9940-0-19679400-1448293570_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-42021200-1448293597_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-62832000-1448293617_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-84836300-1448293647_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Long day at work. My local store finally got in a Thomas H Handy and George T Stagg but they were $299.99 and $399.99 respectively. Only if they were $100 cheaper. Anyway this will do for now. Great qpr.

f9bff54480684d0f5ac7e3b07e403053.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Had 2 pours from an independent bottling of a 7 year old Caol Ila that was 7 years old at cask strength (61.4%). The first pour of that bottle was beyond fierce. THe last couple were just delightful though. Fruity and very smokey. So much better than the standard releases. May have to try to snag another bottle of that my next order.

Enjoying some 2014 Kilchoman Machir Bay. I literally cannot say enough good things about Kilchoman. They are just wizards, how they can put out something as good as they do so young is beyond me. Wonderful.

Going to finish the night with some Ardbeg Perpetuum, mostly because the bottle is open and I love me some Islay. Can't say that it is a good value, but its reminiscent of the 10 year but on steroids. So whats not to like about a peat monster?

• Like 1

Epic Turkey Day whisky flight:

Clynelish 1998 Signatory bottling, 14 yr. at 46%.

Daluaine 28 yr. Old Malt Cask.

Springbank 17 yr. single sherry cask, cask strength.

Ardbeg Uigeadail.

I didn't expect the Clynelish to be peated and did not know Daluaine is smoky. Very nice, though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Highwest Distillery's A Midwinters Night Dram with dinner at their saloon. Pictures were to dark to post. If you ever get to Park City Utah, I suggest going to the distillery for dinner and a drink.

Sent via my Note 2

How does the Thomson Family compare in the lineup?

the guy who's place we were at brought this out after we had finished about 20 bottles so i was in no shape to appreciate the wine for what it is, i was totally shocked he bought out such a big hitter @ that stage tbh, so i cant really give it a fair assessment. The 3 i mentioned were my standouts.

This weekend...a Grand Sidecar Cocktail (made with Grand Marnier and Courvoisier XO Cognac)

post-23478-0-20913000-1448799049_thumb.j

An Espresso Martini (made with Kahlua, caramel-flavoured espresso coffee and Wyborowa Vodka)

post-23478-0-10269100-1448799136_thumb.j

and finally a 'go to' Remy Matin VSOP Cognac in my humble tulip glass.

post-23478-0-50060600-1448799181_thumb.j

• Like 4