San Cristobal

Guest Robo

Mercaderes all the way for me. Discontinued alas but many boxes are still around. I've never had a bad one but I am ready to acknowledge that I may like it just because of the size.

Best and Happy New Year to you Rob!

Michel

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure if I showed you this before, but last year sometime I created this painting called "The last of its kind". It is created using actual cigar bands, in the eggs and the nest. The three eggs fea

that's "fighting talk" to me captain...RG and SP are two of my fav marques and ones I buy (PC and Beli respectively & especially)...never had any San Cristobal...but would defend keeping most things otherwise we'll be down to under 10 marques in no time (NOT GOOD)

that's my view anyhow

I loved them! But I love what's gone not what's left! The molinos are one of my all time favourites and the same with the RG coronas Extra. but they are history now :( I couldn't really care about the remnants of what's left, there are good cigars but I just remember the fantastic deleted ones and start sobbing :D

Not sure if I showed you this before, but last year sometime I created this painting called "The last of its kind". It is created using actual cigar bands, in the eggs and the nest. The three eggs feature San Cristobal, Trinidad and LGC bands.

When Matthew and I smoke these cigars, we refer to them as "one of the eggs".

That really is a great piece Lisa. :ok:

What is interesting about San Cristobal to me is when the FOH Toronto guys meet, even the large cigar smokers bring out the Principe now and then.

I think it may be for 2 reasons. One, because it is a tasty one. Second it is a great complement to a big cigar when you want to continue to smoke but not chug away on a second big commitment.

but the Party 898 rumours were being laughed off

I would love for this to be true, but i've heard from some pretty reliable people on this forum that the 898 are in fact in jeopardy! no.gif

I would miss the La Punta very much, its a great 'early in the day' smoke and one that consistently provides me with noticeable almond flavours (I love marzipan, so its natural that this would be a plus for me). Everyone I know seems to like the El Principe too.

I just smoked a Muralla for the first time and really enjoyed that too. I would be unlikely to buy that many at the size / price point, but it's important because it's different (not sure how many production rodolfos there are, but I think it's the only one). Hopefully the deletion is another rumour of the Trinidad variety.

I'm a fan of the La Fuerza for it's mild cappuccino vibe. Love the El Principe, which I need to stock up on, but have been waiting for a thumbs up from Rob on quality - seems to me that in one of his quality run-downs after visiting the warehouse during the summer, that he was not particularly pleased with the quality at the time. Anybody have comments on recent El Principe?

Beatifull work Lisa.

Nothing good left from Vegas Robaina, scdlh, and RG? That is just silly talk.

There are excellent cigars in all of those lines. I don't get the desire to trim standard production offerings. If it isn't your cup of tea, make other purchases accordingly.

I'm a fan of SCdlH..they have changed in profile since the OR...but it's a shame we have to discuss another blow to the diminishing choices.

As the Captain said he's "sobbing" over what's already gone, let's hope we don't all have to join him....

The El Principe and La Punta are my favorites from the SCDLH line. While I hate to see any cigar go, if they have to cut the line, but not necessarily in its entirety, I suspect these two would be the survivors. At least I hope so...too many good cigars are disappearing way too quickly. A travesty...

• 3 weeks later...

If this is true, with all jovial banter aside, we really are destined to a CC world where we are slowly eroding to a one-marca/vitola-fits-all offering. I, for one, would miss the most underrated C&C on the planet, the El Principe.

I hope the hype is stronger than the truth.

JD

I thought the Trini's were still for the chop but will come back at a better price but I don't know if this has changed since they put Cohibas up by 30% last year.

Diplomaticos will be dead in 2013 when they kill the number 2 :(