Your Best Cigar So Far in 2012?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what to conclude of this but a friend of mine returned from La Havana last week and wanted to buy a box of the RA EL2011. Reinaldo (at the Hotel Conde de Villanueva) told him that the RA EL2011 won't change much with time. He suggested to buy a box of HDM Petit Piramides EL2011 instead since it has tenfold the ageing potential of the RA.

J - I misread all this time that you wrote Boli petit belis.

I will put another shameless plug in for the HdM petit piramides. Best cigar ive had in years. Almost tastes like a Trinidad reyes...so unlike any other Hoyo. So different, almost refreshing to smoke.

I personally see the RA E going about the same path as the Monte C with that wrapper and current flavor, but the HdM has great potential.

Sep 11 RA Extra. Although I had a Hamlet on New Year's day that was fantastic as well.

Taken me a while to reply because I really wanted to think about it. We are only 3 months in and I wanted to clearly stay in 2012.

Have to say it is the Trini Fundadores gifted to me by Frank. I just loved it. Seconded only to my fave, any time of day, a Behike 52.

Lisa

I have had 2 cigars that blew me away so far..

1- Davidoff Chateau Marguex (Early 80s).. Creamy, floral and nutty sweetness

2- Romeo y Julieta Churchill (2005 - Old tube/old golden band).. Pure Class (shame they don't do them like that anymore)

You won't believe this, but one of the best cigars I've had this year was a Cuaba Tradicional (in Cuba). It was amazingly rich, coffee, chocolate and zesty, chewy tobacco. I bought a box but forgot to check the box code and they're totally not the same (mine are 2008; the one in Cuba was 2010 or 2011). Crap!

I had a PSD5 the other day that was amazing... rich and full of cinnamon and chinese five spice or nutmeg or clove. I never would have guessed... and why buy a short PSD4? It was an accident, but a good one. :thumbsup:

I also had a mean MCE#1 while on the fair island... shiny, rich wrapper, so again, I bought a box, and they aren't the same. Shame on me. :confused:

I spent this past weekend in Baja California and had a chance to visit the La Casa Del Habano in Tijuana. I picked up a half dozen or so Edumundo Dante Conde 54's(Mexico RE)and smoked one last night. Holy Smokes!!!. Fantastic Cigar.

From an overall enjoyment standpoint I can only relate the ecstacy and enjoyment to what I have felt with Phonecias and Cohiba Grand Reservas. Nothing but gold from start to finish!!!

Sorry Pig for sharing this feedback...but I really really like this cigar.

Tom