O Canada

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a magnificent 4 days.

Tom (Tmac77) and Frank (Bundwallah) are the ultimate hosts and should receive a medal for their efforts in putting together one of the great Cigar events of all time. The Toronto Herf was an unmitigated success and a celebration of friendship, fraternity, laughter, loyalty......"No Tossers No Wankers".

From Andres and his great staff at the Mambo Lounge, to having my brother Hamlet there, the old friends, the mostly new ones, we all felt like we had known each other for years. It was a treat to catch up with all of you gents and ladies over the few days.

The hospitality of Tom and Frank is beyond reproach and we finished the four days with dinner at he and his lovely wife Mary's house last night. Easy plan....quiet night with Tom.Frank and Mary....home by 11:30....pack and out today. I needed another 3am finish like a hole in the head :rolleyes:

So many times over the long weekend different members sat down with a cigar, a drink and had a laugh. It is a remarkably cathartic way of relaxing and getting to know other people. If only the tofu eating, friendless, sexless, fun eunuchs could understand all that is beautiful in the sharing of a cigar. You just can't can't do it over a soy decaf Latte!

To all of you who made me fieel so welcome....thankyou. To Tom and Frank....a thank you from all of us is not quite enough but it wil have to do for the time been. To Mike who presented me with a handmade humidor made by his dad...I am still astounded. Thank you and shoot me through your dads contact numbers so I can thank him in person.

All of you have "nailed" what cigars are about. Spread the gospel.

Will post plenty of pics when I find the cable for my camera :rolleyes: Everyone else please keep postinng pics.

Off to my flight!

PS...Miss your hugs Lise.

I too want to thank Frank and Tom for the spectacular job they did. The evening was smooth and effortless (for the rest of us) so we could just sit back and enjoy the company, the food and the cigars.

Rob, you are a stalwart of the cigar community and it was a pleasure speaking with you - I certainly hope all your dreams come true :daydream: Knowing that you represent us at the highest levels gives me great confidence in the future of our hobby/obsession!

Thank you Rob, for a great unforgettable evening, for being a very down to earth, man of the people! Frank, Tom, again, you boys nailed it, this will be extremely hard to beat!

Guest leanderdsilva

It sure was an awesome evening! Frank and Tom are excellent organizers. :party: Both the party and after-party are something I'm not going to forget anytime soon! :cofcig:

Thanks for sharing the event through pics guys. Looks like an absolutely fabulous time. Great to see that Hamlet ended up making the event after all.

It was the perfect evening thanks to Tom and Frank putting it all together. Rob, it was great to meet you and Hamlet. I can only hope you can attend another one in Toronto sometime in the future.

Cheers,

Gary

So, I'll ask the question that everyone wants to know the answer to.

Are we all committed to making this an annual event?????

Next Aug 2012?

Frank/Tom,

U up for organizing again? I would be happy to host the pre herf earlier.....

Bigger donations, more money for the charity. I promise only to win 3 prizes :spotlight:

Inquiring minds want to know.

well a winter herf is in the works for montreal in jan 21st 2012, it will be very small and simple, we get together for dinner then walk over to stogies for smokes and drinks...no prizes or anything extravagant...

Next Aug 2012?

Frank/Tom,

Bigger donations, more money for the charity. I promise only to win 3 prizes :spotlight:

I'd do it again. Come next June, I can outline a plan, look at some other venues, or the same again. Shake out some more donations. :P

We raised $250 for the Nicaraguan Mission...we can beat that number next year.

Count me in. :ok:

I'd do it again. Come next June, I can outline a plan, look at some other venues, or the same again. Shake out some more donations. :P

We raised $250 for the Nicaraguan Mission...we can beat that number next year.

Count me in. :ok:

I think that we should do this every year at the Mambo. I have no probelms with stepping to the plate again in setting it up.

Tom

Next Aug 2012?

Frank/Tom,

If so I would plan on making a trip back to the great white north for it

Next Aug 2012?

Frank/Tom,

That sounds like a good plan.I'm all for it.

I think that we should do this every year at the Mambo. I have no probelms with stepping to the plate again in setting it up.

Tom

I know I'd be back and I agree the Mambo was a great spot for it.