So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

Happy Ardbeg day! Might I ask was those cost in your area? Heading to the Ardbeg Embassy tonight, but am scared by the possible price of bottles....lol

NZD$160.00 on the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Little on the mild side for an Ardbeg, subtle yet I felt it was missing something, a little more...well just "Ardbeggy" I reckon.

I bought two at Ardbeg day as well...had to go home for a Galilleo to recover my composure

At least it's better than last years Auriverdes !

I think ?

I on the other hand found the Galileo too mild and gimmicky and not bottle-worthy. Auriverdes was good. Still haven't tried the Perpetuum (I'm on the road). Tastes differ.

I'm not a huge peated whisky, fan so both strengths typically suit my taste.

At Ardbeg day our whiskey club members consensus was the Perpetuum is very light (no legs) and with a very light flavour and straight American Oak was less than stunning.

The Galileo by comparison has influence of sherry cask, which provides it much richer deeper profile and it also has a heavier mouthfeel (good legs) and has renown as über good by everyone I know.

Ardbog is widely touted as the best Ardbeg day release so far.

Like Cigars smoke what you like and like what you smoke

RE: Ardbeg Perpetuum:

I thought it was pretty good, but very light for an Ardbeg. My friends made some reference to Blasda being a similar profile, being lightly peated and light on sherry influence.

When we did our tasting last week, I thought the Ardbeg Day was the best out of Ten, Day, Perpetuum and Supernova '14.

The earlier Supernova was much better, according to a friend who has both and is a huge scotch drinker and collector (2000+ bottle collection.

• Like 1

It's arrived, thanks @StingMeadery.

e0eae5a598c092c5d7dfb909dc8bc556.jpg

Awesome bro thanks for the trade.

I'm just enjoying an Adelphi Mortlach 25 and a Behike 52 watching the sun set

39eb8747c70048615ee25b024688f76c.jpg

RE: Ardbeg Perpetuum:

My friends made some reference to Blasda.

Haha that's hilarious !

We all joked it was like Blasda too...which to the less experienced connoisseur is a hideous comparison lol

Haha that's hilarious !

We all joked it was like Blasda too...which to the less experienced connoisseur is a hideous comparison lol

To the more experienced is it a positive comparison?

• Like 1

Yes "positively hideous" comparison ...more or less?

I didn't find it to be hideous- but I will say that most Ardbeg fans will probably not like it because it does not taste like typical Ardbeg.
  • Like 2

I didn't find it to be hideous- but I will say that most Ardbeg fans will probably not like it because it does not taste like typical Ardbeg.

That's quite true - the whisky profile has more maritime influence than the usual ashy peat.

Haha The comment "positively hideous comparison" is a linguistic oxymoronic attempt at inqualitative humor

It's drinkable...but then again so is Blasda...and urine lol Bahahaha

a4c63824e01bd92e995ffa78dadd80c2.jpg

Haha The comment "positively hideous comparison" is a linguistic oxymoronic attempt at inqualitative humor

It's drinkable...but then again so is Blasda...and urine lol Bahahaha

a4c63824e01bd92e995ffa78dadd80c2.jpg

Never go full retard

Sent from my iPhone