So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

Very nice score - I see you've got some real talent for sniffing out these dusty old ones - very nice job. I always look forward to seeing the posts of your find to have a glimpse at the bottlings of an era past that the world forgot.

That Rosebank would be interesting drinking or if you are a collector, very valuable.

Thanks Seng,

I'm way more of a drinker then a collector I just stumble across good, old dusty stuff some times and can't let them stay on a shelf. Im on theroad a lot for work so I can't pass up any old grungy store. The good, brightly lit and tidy stores never have anything good it's always the sleepy ones.

Cheers

• Like 2

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

:rotfl:

I was there today, actually. Non-peaty single malts usually don't tempt me so I was safe from this one. Picked up a couple of other bottles, though. Will post shortly (pics are on my phone).

I'm actually a peat fan. Which Signatories/Hepburns would you recommend?

I'm actually a peat fan. Which Signatories/Hepburns would you recommend?

I haven't opened any of them yet - drinking less lately to reduce calorie intake :(

I pretty much buy anything peated for under my budget limit of $80/bottle :innocent:

Some of the more interesting recent acquisitions:

1994 Glendronach 20 Year Old Cask No. 3400 PX Sherry Puncheon, an exclusive bottling for Abbey Whisky.

032e64d46e37137d911a3167d9c316af.jpg

New World Projects Single Cask Release #3 100 litre Doublewood.

3779672f802d74462d7e86830f2c5f46.jpg

True to my Asian heritage: bottles no. 8 & 9 by request.

• Like 1

Some of the more interesting recent acquisitions:

1994 Glendronach 20 Year Old Cask No. 3400 PX Sherry Puncheon, an exclusive bottling for Abbey Whisky.

032e64d46e37137d911a3167d9c316af.jpg

New World Projects Single Cask Release #3 100 litre Doublewood.

3779672f802d74462d7e86830f2c5f46.jpg

True to my Asian heritage: bottles no. 8 & 9 by request.

Nice ...strong stuff enjoy

the wife wanted me to grab this today. She is Irish ..dose not drink. I must say I was suitably impressed.heading across the water tonight to a mates house it will be gone before long..

post-12719-0-84227800-1428733423_thumb.j

• Like 2

the wife wanted me to grab this today. She is Irish ..dose not drink. I must say I was suitably impressed.heading across the water tonight to a mates house it will be gone before long..

attachicon.gif009.JPG

Don't end up like last time mate remember sullivans cove party.gif enjoy

Just discovering bourbon, bought these recently, only tasted the Buffalo Trace so far.

Great start to your adventure! As you sample different bottles you'll work out if you like bourbon sweeter or drier.

sDCgtyll.jpg

Got this yesterday, what's the difference? That is, other than the twenty bucks more I paid for it.

Yours is the new packaging and not from the duty free. I would have bought more but you can only bring 1 liter.

• Like 1

Yours is the new packaging and not from the duty free. I would have bought more but you can only bring 1 liter.

Cracker dram. Like an old-school drier Speyside, but with a touch of smoke and a touch of sherry.