So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

A few bottles of Talisker 175th from 2005 and a bottle of Talisker 25 year cask strength from 2005. Some unicorns here.

post-9940-0-41009700-1427716593_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-74491300-1427716608_thumb.jp

• Like 4

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

A few bottles of Talisker 175th from 2005 and a bottle of Talisker 25 year cask strength from 2005. Some unicorns here.

Congrats on that pickup! Especially the 25yo at cask strength... thumbsup.gif Would love to hear what you think of it.

• Like 1

Bought two of those 175th a few years back and have only half of one left. They are pretty tasty treats. Good pick up!

• Like 1

I thought the 175th is a very solid drink. Typical Talisker with a nose of vanilla but not far off the 18. The 25 Is my second bottle purchased as it is some incredible stuff. There are more of the 175 and the 25 left if anyone wants I can hook that up but the store does no mail order business.

• Like 1

I'd love to know what you think of the Benromach once you pop it open @Lotusguy I really liked the Organic release, but haven't explored any of the rest of the range yet, and I am a bit of a peat freak

Another trip to KL Wines... Some Negroni ingredients and assorted specials.

Wow...it's nice to know someone else who enjoys a Negroni cocktail. Now all you need is the sweet vermouth!

Bunnahabain Toitach. Also did a group buy on a bottle of Kilchoman Sherry Cask from 2011. It was within the first 400 bottles ever bottled actually. And it was AMAZING.

• Like 1

You may be thinking Kentucky Breakfast Stout. That was just released and everyone is clamoring to get some.

Is it a different one, then?

Ah well, I'll have a go at this one instead and see what I think about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is it a different one, then?

Ah well, I'll have a go at this one instead and see what I think about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kbs is aged in bourbon barrel. One release a year. Breakfast Stout is a winter release. I picked up some kbs, pm me if you want to work out a trade!

The Whiskey fairy brought some nice things today. Four Roses 2014 Small Batch Limited Edition, and secondary bottlings of Rosebank, Dalmore, and Glenlivet all nicely aged. It was a good day for dusty bottles.

Very nice score - I see you've got some real talent for sniffing out these dusty old ones - very nice job. I always look forward to seeing the posts of your find to have a glimpse at the bottlings of an era past that the world forgot.

That Rosebank would be interesting drinking or if you are a collector, very valuable.

Kbs is aged in bourbon barrel. One release a year. Breakfast Stout is a winter release. I picked up some kbs, pm me if you want to work out a trade!

Thanks for the offer.

Are you based in Australia? Otherwise it would be quite a difficult endeavour and the cost may outweigh the benefit.

• Like 1

Very nice score - I see you've got some real talent for sniffing out these dusty old ones - very nice job. I always look forward to seeing the posts of your find to have a glimpse at the bottlings of an era past that the world forgot.

That Rosebank would be interesting drinking or if you are a collector, very valuable.

Thanks for the offer.

Are you based in Australia? Otherwise it would be quite a difficult endeavour and the cost may outweigh the benefit.

Bummer. USA.
  • Like 1

The Whiskey fairy brought some nice things today. Four Roses 2014 Small Batch Limited Edition, and secondary bottlings of Rosebank, Dalmore, and Glenlivet all nicely aged. It was a good day for dusty bottles.

Very impressed with the 4RSmB LE, was able to score two more this spring as well!

Finished a McGibbon's Provenance Caol Ila 14, picked up a bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail. Cracked open a bottle of Port Charlotte Scottish Barley to replace the Caol Ila; not bad - young and peaty, a little banana. Still going to need another Caol Ila of some kind on the shelf.

• Like 1

Hopefully I'm not tempting Claus to make another run to K&L with this one...lol3.gif $80 clams only Clause! wink.png

bd9e57af1971f3cc93231ab4884a17d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rotfl:

I was there today, actually. Non-peaty single malts usually don't tempt me so I was safe from this one. Picked up a couple of other bottles, though. Will post shortly (pics are on my phone).