So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Still a Bourbon noob. Opened the Hirsch select I showed a few posts ago and enjoyed it. I'll look into the smooth ambler.

I have heard that the Hirsch selection is decent but I have walked right past it a thousand times. I'll have to pick it up next time and give it a shot.

I'll bet...a 22 year old rye is rare indeed.

Yeah at a previous time old rye was much more available as there was little demand for it. Today there is virtually no rye of any significant age. This too was an independent bottling done for them.

A few new releases and a restock on good finished rye. Put in oak in 2005 EWSB, HW MWND act 2.7 and Jim Beam Bonded. I don't have much of an expectation on this new Beam though.

post-9940-0-88599200-1424485236_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-26028500-1424485254_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-15152000-1424485266_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Please let me know how you like the Signatory and Kilchoman. I've been eyeing those for the month.

KL Wines will seriously be bankrupting me... Special thanks also to Skyfall for the Imperial recommendation ;)

Thank heavens I have a self-imposed maximum of $85 or else I would have bought another 10 bottles or so of stuff - they just received a huge batch of single casks (malt, grain, rum). Wow!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424564505.273768.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424564517.075827.jpg

The El Dorado was a gift, BTW.

KL Wines will seriously be bankrupting me... Special thanks also to Skyfall for the Imperial recommendation ;)

Thank heavens I have a self-imposed maximum of $85 or else I would have bought another 10 bottles or so of stuff - they just received a huge batch of single casks (malt, grain, rum). Wow!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1424564505.273768.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1424564517.075827.jpg

Post when you try those Hepburn's Choice bottlings. They sound very young.

I haven't tried Kilchoman yet, but have heard good things.

Post when you try those Hepburn's Choice bottlings. They sound very young.

I haven't tried Kilchoman yet, but have heard good things.

Ok - and yes, they ARE very young - but priced accordingly at under $50. They are very high proof...

Ok - and yes, they ARE very young - but priced accordingly at under $50. They are very high proof...

Where are you buying Kilchoman for under $50?!?!? I can't find it for less than $70. I just was in a bunch of places in NYC. Any recs on a specific one? I was contemplating between the pure Islay and the Loch Lomond (?), the sherry aged one.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424564505.273768.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424564517.075827.jpg

Have you tried the Imperial yet?

Please let me know how you like the Signatory and Kilchoman. I've been eyeing those for the month.

The Imperial Signatory is awesome. I did a brief review of it earlier in this thread.

I can't read. You're talking about Hepburn's Choice?

I was - sorry.

The Machir Bay is $55 - that's the cheapest Kilchoman I saw - and it's mighty tasty :)

Been waiting for these single barrels of Kilchoman 100% Islay to finally go on sale.... And had to pick up a couple of sipping rums while I was at it. See previous comments regarding KL Wines and my bank account :lookaround:

post-7384-142516845757.jpg

post-7384-142516846724.jpg

• Like 3