So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

Some Old Dusties I got in a trade. Ancient Anciend Age 10 year Private Barrel from the Party Source. Hirsch 22 22year Straight Rye. This stuff is long gone but awesome. William Heavenhill Small Batch BIB distillery gift shop bottling. Mackinlays blended Malt 1907 Whisky Antarctic Recreation.

That's one impressive find.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

HOLLY CRAP!!! Had my first glass out of this tonight.....UNBELIEVABLE! The manager who recommended it, knew that Old Pulteney 21 was my all time favorite, and told me I should try this. (It's around the same price point) Gave me the background on Imperial Distillery and how it closed it's doors some two years ago. Describe the flavor profile to me , almost like he knew exactly what I've been searching for!

Toffee

Cream Custard

Honey

Vanilla

Hint of wood

*Less Sea Salty/Briny than the Old Pulteney

Velvet mouth feel, beautiful finish, smooth as can be

I've found my new fav, but of course it's limited bottles and once it's gone, it's gone :( I must procure more on Monday. American Express is going to **** itself!!!!!!!

photo (18).JPG

• Like 1

HOLLY CRAP!!! Had my first glass out of this tonight.....UNBELIEVABLE! The manager who recommended it, knew that Old Pulteney 21 was my all time favorite, and told me I should try this. (It's around the same price point) Gave me the background on Imperial Distillery and how it closed it's doors some two years ago. Describe the flavor profile to me , almost like he knew exactly what I've been searching for!

Toffee

Cream Custard

Honey

Vanilla

Hint of wood

*Less Sea Salty/Briny than the Old Pulteney

Velvet mouth feel, beautiful finish, smooth as can be

I've found my new fav, but of course it's limited bottles and once it's gone, it's gone :( I must procure more on Monday. American Express is going to **** itself!!!!!!!

Vendor out in Cali? Was contemplating this and may have to pull the trigger on a bottle.

photo (18).JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a 239 Bottle run for Texas only...so the label says...who knows?

KL Wines has a sister cask...

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1129587

Claus, my man, it's fantastic!!!!

How are you brother?

Doing great - enjoying a phenomenal HDM Serie Le Hoyo and some Balvenie Doublewood. So I should pick up this Imperial then?

Yes, If you don't like it, I will buy it from you!

Yes, If you don't like it, I will buy it from you!

I second that, if you don't want it I'll buy it. If there are more please let us know and we will buy them. I'd love to have a bottle.

I second that, if you don't want it I'll buy it. If there are more please let us know and we will buy them. I'd love to have a bottle.

I mean, I can get you a bottle if you want me to ship it to you.

I mean, I can get you a bottle if you want me to ship it to you.

I'll scratch that. I missed the K&L part. Thanks for the offer. I'll be ordering it soon.

a78338343a5fb71b222444f6afb74594.jpg

Unfortunately the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Release #5 that came with this consignment didn't survive the journey - it leaked in transit. :(

Depending on your taste in bourbon, you may like the 7 yr. Better. I do- the high rye mashbill has more flavor going on.

How does a company established in 2009 sell 10 year old bourbon ;)

Well they do what about a third of the Bourbon/ rye market does and bottles a product that is sourced from another distiller. Many are from LDI/MGPI in Indiana but Heaven Hill, Four Roses, Wild Turkey, and Brown Forman ,to name a few, have all sold whiskey to independent bottlers. If your drinking Any Willet/KBD, Smooth Ambler Old Scout, Templeton Rye, Bullit Bourbon and Rye and many many more.

I know guys - I just thought that was funny to spell it out so obviously on the bottle :)

I read too fast, missed the emoticon.

Have you tried it? I thought Smooth Ambler 7 yr bourbon was pretty tasty for $35. I was able to get an 8 yr barrel proof SB version for $40.

I've been very impressed by their barrel picks. Much better than Willett's picks of the same LDI bourbon.

• Like 1

Have you tried it? I thought Smooth Ambler 7 yr bourbon was pretty tasty for $35. I was able to get an 8 yr barrel proof SB version for $40.

I've been very impressed by their barrel picks. Much better than Willett's picks of the same LDI bourbon.

I have a bottle of the 7yrs I have been nursing for almost a year now and it is pretty good!

• Like 1

I know guys - I just thought that was funny to spell it out so obviously on the bottle :)

I too did not notice the face at the end. I knew that many didn't know about the sourcing especially outside of the states.

Willet 8 year rye, Willet 9 year "Caught Stealing" Bourbon. Wild Turkey 101 Rye, and Pikesville Rye from Heaven Hill original Maryland recepie rye whiskey.

post-9940-0-93862200-1424328533_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-17923300-1424328555_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Still a Bourbon noob. Opened the Hirsch select I showed a few posts ago and enjoyed it. I'll look into the smooth ambler.