So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

It's nice to meet other connoisseurs of fine Rye bourbon whiskey who appreciate it like you guys here. Most Australians wouldn't look much past Jim Beam honestly!

Dude, I am just learning rye...here in Aussie land, very little is available and premium stuff are priced at ultra-premium price, I am sure you would have found that out by now.

To be honest, I am most tempted to organise group buys for American whisky if anyone is interested.

Here's an American site I frequently see but seldom have the chance to buy from.

http://www.wineandcheeseplace.com

When I see these American prices, I cry because the Aussie equivalent is at least double.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, I have found out how frustrating it is for Australian consumers to enjoy 'boutique liquor'. I am fortunate to have benefitted from two U.S trips in the last 4 years which has allowed me to collect hard to find prizes and duty-free prices.

Aah, sengjc...if a picture tells us a thousand words the image above of Whistlepig and Colonel E.H. Taylor rye leaves me literally 'speechless'! I must ask....where did you pick up these two fine bottles from?

Definitely discontinued in October 2013. The reason why is because Green Label was a blend of four single malts:Talisker, Caol Ila, Cragganmore and Linkwood. All other Johnnie Walker blends include grain whisky. It went because it stood out against the others but its distinctive taste is what made it great.

Available on Amazon.uk for $AU180 or ebay.com.au for $AU450-500.

Definitely discontinued in October 2013. The reason why is because Green Label was a blend of four single malts:Talisker, Caol Ila, Cragganmore and Linkwood. All other Johnnie Walker blends include grain whisky. It went because it stood out against the others but its distinctive taste is what made it great.

Available on Amazon.uk for $AU180 or ebay.com.au for $AU450-500.

I know. I paid the price you would see it for in a liquor store in 2013. And free shipping. That is what shocked me.

Just picked up these two beauties! 1994 Hess Collection Mt. Veeder Cab and a 1997 Swanson Alexis Cab blend...

Purp-

I would drink both of those sooner than later. I've been telling people to suck down their 97s. They are dying fast.

I had a 97 Colgin Herb Lamb Vineyard recently that was past its prime. Kind of sad... I had one 6 years ago and it was perfect.

Just FYI.

Dispence

This was highly recommended to me so i went out and bought this an hour ago. It's amazing at 51$ it's simply awesome

16343529250_c82e40fbfe_c.jpgTullamore Dew 12 YO by jazzboypro1, on Flickr

This was given to me for my birthday, i have not tasted it yet, but i have the 21 YO that i like a lot

16343325398_e762d31d04_c.jpgRon El Dorado 12 YO by jazzboypro1, on Flickr

• Like 1

Some Old Dusties I got in a trade. Ancient Anciend Age 10 year Private Barrel from the Party Source. Hirsch 22 22year Straight Rye. This stuff is long gone but awesome. William Heavenhill Small Batch BIB distillery gift shop bottling. Mackinlays blended Malt 1907 Whisky Antarctic Recreation.

post-9940-0-81953200-1423955172_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-07927700-1423955263_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-06846600-1423955335_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-47109300-1423955376_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-67876300-1423955471_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-72346600-1423955543_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-15197300-1423955566_thumb.jp

• Like 1