So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Learning about scotch and how great they are to pair with cigars. With much help from this forum and reviews all around i have in the last couple months had the opportunity to pick these up. So far they are all my favorite lol, and definitely like a cigar, the mood and the settings help decide which drink fits the moment. Nothing fancy here just IMO some great tasting stuff. The Glendronach was my first try of Sherried whisky and wow i love it. And the Islay stuff is fantastic, no shortage of flavour :) and the Speysides are just perfect any time of day :)

post-19637-0-82411700-1419801620_thumb.j

• Like 1

Could not get hold of the Yamazaki sherry cask 2013 so I picked up a few Japanese single malts to try ..

attachicon.gif009.JPG

Good stuff Westy what have i started with this Japanese whiskey here is mine

post-5203-0-76488300-1420197192_thumb.jppost-5203-0-87980000-1420197225_thumb.jp

the the ***** from the barrel same as you

• Like 1

Parker's Heritage Collection 7th Edition: Promise of Hope and Wild Turkey Diamond Anniversary.

5bd74d2a086023bc886a74160f0304cb.jpg

Surprisingly, these are priced reasonably priced in Australia relative to US RRP.

Sang the Parkers is a nice bottle. Did they just hit Australia? The Parkers 8 is amazing. Did that hit there yet?

Seng the Parkers is a nice bottle. Did they just hit Australia? The Parkers 8 is amazing. Did that hit there yet?

I think the 7th Edition Parker's been around since late 2013.

I haven't seen the 8th Edition Parker's but I doubt we will be getting any. Australia is a very small market so most of the non-mainstream (ie. big conglomerate) whiskey seldom come across except as independent imports. Then these get sold at very high prices.

Even the Four Roses Single Barrels that I managed to get are sourced from overseas.

A little bit late, but a couple of Christmas gifts! A bottle of Kentucky Vintage from the Girlfriend's parents (selected with some help from the Girlfriend), haven't cracked it open yet, but looking forward to it!

Then some "Whisky Stones" as a little, fun stocking filler from the Girlfriend. Haven't tried them out yet, will be interesting to see how effective they are. Could be very helpful if they work well as the water around here is quite hard, so ice can leave a bit of limescale at the bottom of the glass.

post-16354-0-48968000-1420493375_thumb.j

post-16354-0-80099700-1420493445_thumb.j

post-16354-0-57666000-1420493483_thumb.j