So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Brought home a treat from NYC. Very full bodied, so I added a bit of cold water.

Very nice and tasty!!

If I knew you were a bourbon fan, I would have suggested some spots to stop in.

You could have gotten some Barrell Bourbon, which is a very limited distribution product that is single barrel, cask strength and very very good. Also, Michters Toasted Barrel was available in NYC when you were in town.

That is good stuff. I really like the variety available from Plantation. They are the Gordon McPhail of Rum.

Each to his own, but I must say that I think Plantation is tad better than Zacapa.

Each to his own, but I must say that I think Plantation is tad better than Zacapa.

Smiley, plantation does not distill anything on their own. They buy the juice from various distilleries, ship it age it then bottle it under their label. Some they make are blends of different rums. I like 95% of their products, and have had many that are better then Zacapa. The one you got I thought was better.

Just got a shipment of Parkers Heritage 8th edition 128 proof wheat whiskey. Phenomenal juice. I've got 2 more on the way. Another rare release was a pleasant find. A Midwinter Nights Dram from High West Distillery. It's a Rye whiskey finished in French Limosine Oak and ex-port barrels. The juice is Really red I can't wait to crack it with friends on Thursday.

post-9940-0-15430400-1414466027_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-99963300-1414466526_thumb.jp

The 2014 batch release of the Springbank 18 Year Old and the Longrow Red from this quirky Campbeltown distillery.

post-16083-141579138277.jpg

This release of the Red is an 11 year old cask strength matured in fresh port casks in keeping with the cask strength wine matured theme.

• Like 1

The 2014 batch release of the Springbank 18 Year Old and the Longrow Red from this quirky Campbeltown distillery.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415791379.111586.jpg

This release of the Red is an 11 year old cask strength matured in fresh port casks in keeping with the cask strength wine matured theme.

I've really been liking the Longrow red Australian Shiraz cask. A tasty dram

2 bottles of 2014 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, another bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof(140.2 Proof). Under that is a Provenance bottling of 33 year old Port Dundas Grain Whiskey, and a Ministry of Rum bottling of Jamaican Rum.

post-9940-0-47270600-1416121337_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-28601500-1416121360_thumb.jp

• Like 2

The new rum of Havana Club, Havana Club Union, specially designed for pairing with Cuban cigars.

So I've tried to find this product listed on the HC website as well as on HSA website and can't find it. What is the back story to it. Where did you find it?

• Like 1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416228100.115931.jpg

For some strange reason, the Suntory Yamazaki 18 Year Old is becoming increasingly rare and ridiculously expensive this side of the world yet it remains relatively accessible and well priced everywhere else.

It has started to rise in price a lot here in the states as well.

• Like 1