So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

Ultra small batch bottlings of boutique Aussie malt whisky.

u3y9u5u5.jpg

New World Whisky Distillery New World Projects Series Baranows Selection No. 2, Starward Spirit Matured in a 50 litre PX sherry cask.

True to my Asian heritage: bottles no. 8 and 38 of 44.

Also a private bottling of Overeem Muscat Cask, bottled at cask strength straight from the barrel.

gy2y9agy.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Ultra small batch bottlings of boutique Aussie malt whisky.

New World Whisky Distillery New World Projects Series Baranows Selection No. 2, Starward Spirit Matured in a 50 litre PX sherry cask.

True to my Asian heritage: bottles no. 8 and 38 of 44.

Also a private bottling of Overeem Muscat Cask, bottled at cask strength straight from the barrel.

Wow, great find.

Are you planning to keep or drink. :)

Nice to get a surprise:)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I always smile when I hear people dismissing blended whiskey as second rate and JW really do some cracking stuff.The blue is great and for the price you cannot go wrong with the black.

I always smile when I hear people dismissing blended whiskey as second rate and JW really do some cracking stuff.The blue is great and for the price you cannot go wrong with the black.

JW Black, one of my favority whiskey. Nothing like a peaty single malt but I can appreciate it for what it is without having to compare it to anything else. Also the favourite drink ot the late Christopher Hitchens... Legendary ;)

JW Black, one of my favority whiskey. Nothing like a peaty single malt but I can appreciate it for what it is without having to compare it to anything else. Also the favourite drink ot the late Christopher Hitchens... Legendary ;)

Also you can get it everywhere and it won't let you down!

More ultra small batch bottlings of boutique Aussie malt whisky:

rumyhyju.jpg

New World Whisky Distillery New World Projects Series 50L Experimental Cooperage, bottled exclusively for the Oak Barrel's Sydney Whisky Fair 2014 - Starward spirit matured in a refurbished 50L cask with ex-red wine cask staves and virgin oak heads.

Also a bottle of independent release Starward:

juje7e4y.jpg

From the in-house cask at Baranow's Lounge here in Melbourne - bottled at cask strength, straight from the cask. Flanked by a couple more bottles containing the private bottling of Overeem Muscat Cask, also bottled at cask strength, straight from the other in-house cask.

Finally a few bottles of "hard-to-finds":

uze7y8a5.jpg

Highland Park 21 Year Old Travel Exclusive.

u4unuhyq.jpg

The current batch of Laphroaig 10 Year Old Cask Strength (Batch 006).

"Hard-to-finds"'for me at least in this side of the globe.

• Like 2

More ultra small batch bottlings of boutique Aussie malt whisky:

rumyhyju.jpg

New World Whisky Distillery New World Projects Series 50L Experimental Cooperage, bottled exclusively for the Oak Barrel's Sydney Whisky Fair 2014 - Starward spirit matured in a refurbished 50L cask with ex-red wine cask staves and virgin oak heads.

Also a bottle of independent release Starward:

juje7e4y.jpg

From the in-house cask at Baranow's Lounge here in Melbourne - bottled at cask strength, straight from the cask. Flanked by a couple more bottles containing the private bottling of Overeem Muscat Cask, also bottled at cask strength, straight from the other in-house cask.

Finally a few bottles of "hard-to-finds":

uze7y8a5.jpg

Highland Park 21 Year Old Travel Exclusive.

u4unuhyq.jpg

The current batch of Laphroaig 10 Year Old Cask Strength (Batch 006).

"Hard-to-finds"'for me at least in this side of the globe.

Now that's an awesome haul brother!

• Like 1

I was very excited to find this dusty on a shelf waiting to come home with me. Boy was the bottle dusty as well. It not to common to run into reasonable Port Ellen bottles.

post-9940-0-59599800-1413417514_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-95030900-1413417543_thumb.jp

• Like 3

That must have cost 4 digits US - right? If not, you are one lucky SOB ;)

So yes more of a lucky sob! It was on a shelf for 214. I ended up paying US$175.00 crazy.

Congrats!!

Thanks, so while I've always wanted to have a bottle I don't think I would ever pay today's outrageous prices. That being said I have tried various bottles of PE before, and while good, I hardly think it's worth the new prices. I'll let you know how it is. I want to do a tasting of Brorra, Rosebank, Dallas Dhu, and PE one day. kind of a closed scotch tasting.

Thanks, so while I've always wanted to have a bottle I don't think I would ever pay today's outrageous prices. That being said I have tried various bottles of PE before, and while good, I hardly think it's worth the new prices. I'll let you know how it is. I want to do a tasting of Brorra, Rosebank, Dallas Dhu, and PE one day. kind of a closed scotch tasting.

Cool - what time should I be there? :innocent:

Never tried it - too rich for my blood by far. With very few exceptions I stick to under $75 US a bottle.

If you're ever in NYC on the weekend, hit me up. There are a couple places you can drink stuff like Port Ellen and it's not a crazy price if you get a half pour.

Macallan 1991 bottled at 21 years old at the higher proof of 46% as part of Gordon & McPhail's Speymalt Series.

yvyredyp.jpg

Apparently this is bottled as the the first release exclusively for the JIS, a single cask release from a first-fill sherry hogshead that yielded 263 bottles.

• Like 2