So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Innis & Gunn - fun beers....love their approach.

Have you tried the Dragons Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout and the Beer Barrel Bourbon, both from New Holland Brewing? They age the beers in Bourbon barrels and the Bourbon in beer barrels, pretty interesting....

Innis & Gunn - fun beers....love their approach.

Have you tried the Dragons Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout and the Beer Barrel Bourbon, both from New Holland Brewing? They age the beers in Bourbon barrels and the Bourbon in beer barrels, pretty interesting....

Nope but something I will keep my eye out for. Living in Australia, I am not sure if these are available since we downunder don't have as wide an access to these craft brews as compared to the US or EU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Benriach Limited Production 15 Year Old Pedro Ximenez Sherry Wood Finish.

dubabu2e.jpg

Along with:

- Glendronach 18 Year Old 'Allardice'

- Tomatin 18 Year Old

- Overeem Single Barrel Port Matured Cask Strength

- Overeem Single Barrel Sherry Matured Cask Strength

;)

Diplomatico Reserva rum. My first time trying this rum from Venezuela out and I have to say it is a very, very nice. Lots of different sweet profiles and fruity. I'll keep this as part of my regular rum rotation along with El Dorado 15.

Some new bottles acquired just a couple of days back:

enugava7.jpg

Australian made at the Old Hobart Distillery in Tasmania: Overeem Port Cask Matured Cask Strength Malt Whisky. I was impressed with this when I sampled it at the 2013 Whisky Live Melbourne.

Taiwanese made at the Kavalan Distillery: King Car Conductor Malt Whisky. I remember sampling the entry level whisky range from Kavalan at my wife's uncle's place a couple of years back and was amazed at the quality. Quite hard to source outside Taiwan and steadily gaining world wide appeal, it has just started being distributed in Australia earlier this year.

epagepa7.jpg

A 20cl bottle of Benromach Organic Special Edition another one of the impressive sampling at the 2013 Whisky Live Melbourne.

A 5cl bottle of Bakery Hill Classic Malt, another lovely Australian whisky.

For the past few years I have building a collection of single malts. Then last year I added Rum.

On the weekend we had friends here (why I could not the Toronto Herf). Turns out Clint, the guy guest, has a passion for bourbon. Like us, he likes to share. Well I tried and I like!!

We had a beautiful bottle (the 1795 Jim Beam) and he brought one too..

post-8371-0-00278600-1376932259_thumb.jp

Have some Swiss friends come from out of town next weekend. They are going to be bringing me some good stuff from CH, so just stocked up at Costco. Here is the damage:

2x Lagavulin 16

1x Johnnie Walker Red 1.75L

2x Belvedere

1x Grey Goose

1x Oban 14

and a case of Corona lol3.gif .

Set me back a pretty penny but next weekend should be a blast. I'm hoping to win some big money in my monthly poker game next Friday to pay for this splurge.

Nothing really special but just picked up a bottle of Jameson Select Reserve Small batch. I'm a pretty big Jameson fan so I figured I'd give it a go, found out as well they have about 6 other whiskies. Looks like I have something else to stock up on to go wi my cigars. Haha.

Bowmore

Laphroig

Glenmorangie

Arberlour

Maccallan

tried all these recently

can't decide which to stick with