Getting to know each other's Avatar/Name

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was excited for a second I thought Smithy was posting

My avatar of Anthony Bourdain symbolizes a person that has recongized his faults, owned them, made amends, and is a man of the people. He achieved success in his own way and on his own terms. He ta

Cool thread. LordAnubis because i am a HUGE Stargate SG-1 (and Atlantis and Universe) fan and i liked the Anubis character. Sometimes i use a username of CommanderThor. Another cool character on the s

Well as a soon to be architect my avatar is a picture of Mies Van Der Rhoe (famous modern german architect) smoking a cigar. I use vink as a nickname since my name is Vincent and vink is always available on forums and not vince!

• 8 months later...

Name: Hiroshi is my Japanese name had I taken Citizenship when I was 20. If your parents are of different nationalities you are unable to carry dual citizenship so you must choose.

Avatar: grew up loving BattleTech Novels and later playing Mechwarrior games so my fondest memories are of me playing Tabletop BT or MW 2/3/4 with my dad. House Kurita! who doesn't love space Samurai with giant Robots?

Cool thread. LordAnubis because i am a HUGE Stargate SG-1 (and Atlantis and Universe) fan and i liked the Anubis character. Sometimes i use a username of CommanderThor. Another cool character on the show.

The pic is me lying on the grass smoking a cigar (no idea what i was smoking or where it was). I found the photo in a group of shots an old work friend sent me and i estiamte it was taken around 2006.

• Like 1

My real name is Raffi and my avatar is a picture of my latest acquisition which I was lucky enough to pick up a couple of weeks ago. When the novelty wears off I'm sure I'll change the picture to something else.

Armaniac is a nickname that was given to me one night when I was playing texas hold'em. I was raising almost every hand because the table was playing very tight and one of the player's said jokingly "you can't possibly have good cards every hand you Armenian maniac". One of the other players combined my nationality with my playing style and blurted out "he's an Armaniac!" It was all in good fun and the nickname has stuck with me for quite a few years now.

Pic is of my Dad taking a hit off my PSD4.He is a recovering cigerett addict, so his smoking is limited to an occasional pull off my Cigars.

Name is a combo of my initials and my wifes name created years ago for our first email address.Just used it here without much thought because I didn't know this is someplace I'd stick around.

My avatar is B.J. Palmer the developer of Chiropractic and avid cigar smoker. I am a Chiropractor and an avid cigar smoker. My handle comes from years of sitting in the "Phil" section at Grateful Dead shows. What can I say I'm a bass-head!

My handle is self explanatory, since I enjoy brewing my own beer. I spent a few years on Dead Tour, selling grilled cheese sandwiches, and giving away beer, if you made a small donation. My Avatar, is a picture of me back then.

Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)

Thanks for resurrecting this one. Very cool thread. Seems several from earlier posts are not still around so much and many recent regulars have yet to post. Would love to see more of these.

So my name is Bob and I'm from Esteli.

Current avatar is a pic I apparently swiped from the artist Havana Mike which I came across on my web journeys. Loved the sense it evoked of old Havana and the lady's pretty hot too. Used an image of Daddy Warbucks smoking a 'mad' cigar for years until I ran across the current one.

Parents named me Mike and when I first signed up for a gar site years ago Habanos are what I liked to smoke and Havana's where I wanted to go.....

That's about it. Next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My picture is of me supporting the moniker of the 'cigar surgeon'. The Cigar Surgeon came from a silly argument where someone got far too upset when he asked if his Cohibas were real and we pointed out that they weren't.

My forum handle comes from all the way back in the Everquest days. I was trying to come up with something unique and since I was creating a rogue I decided on Avarice. It was already taken so I decided on Avrus and I've used the name ever since.

My avatar is just something that I thought looked nice. A bit of smoke in the shape of a woman.

My name is my nickname I've had since I was 3-4. Imagine a 3 year old Asian kid with 6 inch long hair that stands up in tufts (kinda like the Sun's solar flares) and you'll understand why.

Wow, I must have looked at your avatar hundreds of times and just saw smoke, now I see a women every time, clear as day. All it needed was the suggestion.

My avitar comes from a French film Diva (1981), he's the mysterious bohemian Serge Gorodish. Hey, I was young and impressionable and this guy had a cool Asian girlfriend and smoked Gitanes!! Like most people I was after a cool cigar related picture that had some meaning.

And yes smoking a cigar in the bath is very relaxing, standing up is the part that needs concentration.

And the name is just my initials, Jason Anthony Thomas, nothing original.

Not a whole lot of thought or imagination went into my handle here. 2 years ago I stopped playing Ping irons and made the switch to Mizuno's. My Avatar is me enjoying a Tobacco Baez down on Cape Cod, MA.

My real name is Patrick(some here might know me as PJ or Patty).

Thanks for this post Leaf Lover & Go C's, B's & Pat's(I could care less about the Sox)!

• 5 months later...

Sting Meadery is my company and passion ...which incorporated with another love of Single Malt Whisky led me to Cuban cigars...

Photo is a bottle of Sting Manuka Honey Mead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sting Meadery is my company and passion ...which incorporated with another love of Single Malt Whisky led me to Cuban cigars...

Photo is a bottle of Sting Manuka Honey Mead.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalK

I was excited for a second I thought Smithy was postingnyah.gif

• Like 2

My real name is Stoyan, I spent 3 summers in the USA working in a cigar store. Most of my american friends couldn't pronounce my name so it was easier for them to call me just Stan. I was too good of a employe so soon enough they started calling me "Stan the man" spotlight.gif
My photo is me smoking a Partagas Serie D No. 1 EL 2004 at a wedding last summer.

Geez, now two threads on this topic and I'm easily confused. Puro and maniac are pretty obvious but it sounded a bit like pyromaniac which seems fitting for someone who loves torching cigars.

My name AbuAmelia stands for Father of Amelia. Abu means father and my oldest is names Amelia. In my culture, friends and family will sometimes call me that. They always call you "Father of your first born child."

My avatar is obviously just the face of the Cohiba brand. My favorite cigar.

Real name is Andrew.