Cohiba sublimes LE 2004 - are these FAKE?

oakley

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some food for thought

- i have 4 boxes i bought from original supplier in early 05 , 3 has GKI box code and the seal of each are very very close to this one . I bought them in early 05 and have them since. I bought from reputable dealer and well before fakes were out.

- the LE band on all GKI is underbossed - consistently. In my FIM box the embossing is more exaggerated - but on all GKI its slightly bossed. If i take the LE band off and inspect the inside you can tell its been embossed, just not great - typical cuba quality

- look on trevors page - there is a picture of a sublime - aligns to above (also the C on Trevs page is the same as mine on the 4 boxes I have).

So have to disagree with you fellas - again my boxes were secured from a dealer i have worked with since 05, and mine were purchased well before the sublimes were faked (before they were worth real money).

Some food for thought

- i have 4 boxes i bought from original supplier in early 05 , 3 has GKI box code and the seal of each are very very close to this one . I bought them in early 05 and have them since. I bought from reputable dealer and well before fakes were out.

- the LE band on all GKI is underbossed - consistently. In my FIM box the embossing is more exaggerated - but on all GKI its slightly bossed. If i take the LE band off and inspect the inside you can tell its been embossed, just not great - typical cuba quality

- look on trevors page - there is a picture of a sublime - aligns to above (also the C on Trevs page is the same as mine on the 4 boxes I have).

So have to disagree with you fellas - again my boxes were secured from a dealer i have worked with since 05, and mine were purchased well before the sublimes were faked (before they were worth real money).

OP's box in question had the code RSE, not GKI. Android's box (which is authentic) has the code GKI.

Moot point anyway, as the box was returned... unlike the member. tongue.png

Some food for thought

I bought them in early 05 and have them since. I bought from reputable dealer and well before fakes were out.

I bought from reputable dealer and well before fakes were out. confused.gif

Mods, could we please lock this thread...! jester.gif

To me, it also seems like those triple-caps are a bit excessively done, too. Almost like they were making a point of you being able to see it. In my experience, it seems to come down way too far, and be too big of a triple-wrap.

I know it was determined that these are fake already, but this is the exact thought that I had. Triple cap seems very excessive, and goes down way too far.

Look fake to me. The "Habana, Cuba" look off spacing-wise. Also the gold box seems thicker than normal like on the really good fake CGR's. '04 Sublimes seem to be all over the market though. Most consistent faked EL in recent memory and damn good fakes too.

Just my own opinion though. Hard to say from just photos without touching, feeling, smelling, smoking, etc.

I wouldn't touch ANY Sublimes at this point - regardless of the source. The few real ones are so intermingled with fake ones, even from reputable sources and dealers, that at the current prices the risk would simply be too high for me.

I do believe that forum rules dictate you should not post vendor info.

Correct.

Who was the vendor on these? I didn't see it in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Source info can be exchanged over PM, but not in posts. You could try PMing the OP, however they haven't been active since April 2012.........