Bolivar Belicoso Finos TEB NOV 08

I have a box from TEB FEB 08 and it smokes about like you all describe. I had another last night just to see how they were doing. It is an "ok" cigar and I enjoy it but there is something missing that keeps it just "OK". I actually feel that the ones that I have are great to hand out to beginners and Non-cuban smokers b/c most of them have pretty easy draws. I think the loose draw may actually be a large part of the problem of why it is lacking in complexity. Good review. Cheers!

If you like Zin...a great California Zin is from Frank Family Vineyards. Give it a try...absolutely stunning zin.

Thanks Chenman! Always love a wine rec. I gotta hit you up for some dessert wine recs at some point. I remember you talking up Y'quem. I like high residual sugar wines with habanos.

I also agree with Rogers72 about the draw issues with this stick. I usually keep this type of vitola (BBF, PS2, Monte2, etc) on hand for friends who are used to a NC draw.

Thanks Chenman! Always love a wine rec. I gotta hit you up for some dessert wine recs at some point. I remember you talking up Y'quem. I like high residual sugar wines with habanos.

I also agree with Rogers72 about the draw issues with stick. I usually keep this type of vitola (BBF, PS2, Monte2, etc) in hand for friends who are used to a NC draw.

yquem is truly one of the greatest things in existence, but i would not be smoking with it, unless i had a cellar full. if you can get hold of the 01, sell the kids and fill the cellar. greatest young wine i ever tried and turning into one of the all time greats. i've been lucky enough to try a majority of the yquems released in the last 120 years and i have no doubt that it will eventually rate as one of the very best, and possibly the greatest of all. mind you, yquem from any year is a joy.

yquem is truly one of the greatest things in existence, but i would not be smoking with it, unless i had a cellar full. if you can get hold of the 01, sell the kids and fill the cellar. greatest young wine i ever tried and turning into one of the all time greats. i've been lucky enough to try a majority of the yquems released in the last 120 years and i have no doubt that it will eventually rate as one of the very best, and possibly the greatest of all. mind you, yquem from any year is a joy.

I have not had that vintage Ken. I have had a Y'quem flight or three in my life but have never even thrown down for a bottle. I usually try to stay under 100$ US (often far under). I go for Auslese, late-harvest, port, etc when smoking a cigar.

P.S. Good work on the Y'quem tasting experience. Nice to see that it isn't just guys like Parker getting to drink up (or rinse and spit) all the good stuff.

Yup...I did mention Yquem before, and I wholeheartedly agree with Ken's opinion. Yquem is "ambrosia" to me. I've had the pleasure of being able to drink it often in the past during client dinners, especially during the dot.com boom. I am building two flights starting with 1970, but still have a ways to go. At home Yquem is only opened during really special celebrations or Thanksgiving and X-Mas...even then it is only in the 375ml bottles. I'd go larger, but no one in my family drinks except for my brother and I. Everyone else just has a sip, so it seems a waste to open a 750ml bottle.

I'd never drink Yquem with a cigar, but I will sometimes have ice wine with a cigar. But when I am in the mood for Sauternes though, I normally turn to Chateau Rieussic. I buy quite a few of these each year in 375ml bottles. I will even pick up older vintages in 375ml bottles from time to time from K&L. Much cheaper than Yquem, and a very good Sauternes IMHO. The Rieussic I will drink with a cigar, and often do.

Yup...I did mention Yquem before, and I wholeheartedly agree with Ken's opinion. Yquem is "ambrosia" to me. I've had the pleasure of being able to drink it often in the past during client dinners, especially during the dot.com boom. I am building two flights starting with 1970, but still have a ways to go. At home Yquem is only opened during really special celebrations or Thanksgiving and X-Mas...even then it is only in the 375ml bottles. I'd go larger, but no one in my family drinks except for my brother and I. Everyone else just has a sip, so it seems a waste to open a 750ml bottle.

I'd never drink Yquem with a cigar, but I will sometimes have ice wine with a cigar. But when I am in the mood for Sauternes though, I normally turn to Chateau Rieussic. I buy quite a few of these each year in 375ml bottles. I will even pick up older vintages in 375ml bottles from time to time from K&L. Much cheaper than Yquem, and a very good Sauternes IMHO. The Rieussic I will drink with a cigar, and often do.

rieussec a huge fave. not quite yquem but nowhere near the price either.

i could mention one of our number - not a forum regular - who brought an yquem to cuba to share with us. took it down to las salinas when we wnet bone fishing and left it in the guide's esky. tragedy.

rieussec a huge fave. not quite yquem but nowhere near the price either.

i could mention one of our number - not a forum regular - who brought an yquem to cuba to share with us. took it down to las salinas when we wnet bone fishing and left it in the guide's esky. tragedy.

That is truly sad.

I had a Jun 07 example two nights ago that was stellar. The 2nd and final thirds exhibited a super pronounced citrus/orange peel(rind) note that, for me, tells me that that particular cigar is on. I've experienced that note in multiple vitolas from Bolivar. Keep not liking them fellas! :lol: